Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diameter Dimension not rotating correctly.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JesseJensen
389 Views, 3 Replies

Diameter Dimension not rotating correctly.

We have been having an issue with this for a long time in hopes of it being fixed in any new release.  If I click Diameter and pull it to the OD of hte circle it shows as in the picture which is what we want.  If I pull it to the ID it pulls straight from that point and the dimension is not level.

The only way we can fix it is click on it, go to properties, scroll down to text, and in the text rotation box, type 90.1 and hit enter.

Is there if fix for this issue?

Thanks

Jess

Diameter.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: JesseJensen

I would say your DimStyle is using a combination of "ISO Standard" for Text alignment, and "Place Text Manually" on the Fit tab.   I don't think you can prevent the interior dimension from aligning with the dimline unless you change the Text Alignment to Horizonal.  This may be undesireable for other dimensions, in which case you simply create a child dimstyle for your Radius and/or Diameter dimensions.

Message 3 of 4
JesseJensen
in reply to: nestly2

So there really is not fix for this?

Message 4 of 4
GrantsPirate
in reply to: JesseJensen

If you set the following it will work as you desire.

DIMTMOVE 1

DIMATFIT 0

DIMUPT 0

DIMTOFL 0

Set them in the dimstyle manager rather than the command line, and set them in a child style for diameter.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost