Did you mean: 

Diagonal line that appears on some solids once printed

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
hcrowe28
357 Views, 3 Replies

Diagonal line that appears on some solids once printed

Hi!

When I've created a cube either using the cube command, or a rectange thats then extruded and then plot a PDF file it looks fine. But then once I print it onto paper from this PDF, a diagonal line appears on the face of SOME of the cubes (not all!).

Even when I delete the offending cubes and copy over a cube that doesn't have a line on it, this sometimes works, and sometimes doesn't!

It's becoming very frustrating as I don't understand why it's doing it! How can I stop the line appearing?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
steve216586
in reply to: hcrowe28

I've had that happen when drawing 3D rectangular wood objects. I haven't had to do those kind of drawings in years tho. It usually happened when I had the drawing viewports set to 3DWireframe instead of just Wireframe (not 2DWireframe) or vise-versa. I don't remember which one was the culprit but once I set it to the other one, the lines went away.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 4
hcrowe28
in reply to: steve216586

Hi!

Just tried this and unfortunately it didn't work 😞 do you have any other
ideas??

Thank you!
Heather
Message 4 of 4
steve216586
in reply to: hcrowe28

If what I suggested first isn't a solution then I'm at a loss. I too usually redrew the objects, taking particular care about how I drew the shapes prior to extrusion. It seemed like most of the trouble objects were very long extrusions on smaller objects. Almost as if AutoCAD was placing a facet in between points.

BTW, the problem objects weren't stretched or modified after extruded were they? That seems to me that some of my problem objects were stretched and just maybe they were slightly skewed while doing this. Not intentionally of course and not noticeable by the eye.

I'm just trying to throw some scenerios out there if nobody has a definitive answer.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost