AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

*Expert Elite*
drjohn
Message 11 of 16 (95 Views)

Re: Defpoints

11-14-2012 08:23 AM in reply to: TrevN

OK ... so it's not like a one shot and it's gone.   Then I probably couldn't set that up in my template.

As soon as you strike a dim it's back so it's something you do at the end of an editing session then.

Regards,

DJ

Valued Mentor
TrevN
Message 12 of 16 (93 Views)

11-14-2012 08:26 AM in reply to: drjohn

Our template is set up with no defpoints.

All the drawings I work on have no defpoints, if the layer does appear I delete it and it never comes back.

When I use external 3rd party drawings that have defpoints I delete it and 99% of the time it doesn't come back.

Don't ask me why that's just how it works for me!!!!!!

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 13 of 16 (88 Views)

11-14-2012 09:29 AM in reply to: TrevN

Just delete it when ever it appears, hey presto, gone!

..and back again any time a new dimension is added or an existing dimension changes, even if it is merely moved. I can't think of a bigger waste of time than efforts to delete defpoints.  Think Sisiphus.

*Expert Elite*
drjohn
Message 14 of 16 (85 Views)

11-14-2012 09:48 AM in reply to: dbroad

dbroad wrote:

Just delete it when ever it appears, hey presto, gone!

..and back again any time a new dimension is added or an existing dimension changes, even if it is merely moved. I can't think of a bigger waste of time than efforts to delete defpoints.  Think Sisiphus.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 15 of 16 (77 Views)

11-14-2012 11:15 AM in reply to: jrittenhouse

For the OP: If they specifically do not allow DEFPOINTS, that was probably declared by a supervisor or other person who isn't very familiar with the program.  Due to the nature of the software the presence of DEFPOINTS woud be deemed acceptable and is one of the few exceptions granted by even the most stringent of document control departments.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

Contributor
jrittenhouse
Message 16 of 16 (71 Views)

11-14-2012 03:14 PM in reply to: TrevN

Thank you all for your comments...very helpful. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube