Default arc settings

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
teotwawki
4260 Views, 3 Replies

Default arc settings

Hello everyone.

Can anybody tell me how to change the default behaviour when I draw an arc?

I want to write "arc" in the command line, and start drawing it by its center first, then its start point, and I finally the end one. I don't want the default 3 points method.

I do this faster drawing circles and trimming them, than selecting the suboptions of the arc (center, start, etc.). It should not be  XD

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: teotwawki

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

There is no sysvar that can be set for that, but you might use that lisp statement to define a command MYARC that works like you want:

(defun C:MYARC() (command "_ARC" "_C"))

If you edit your ACAD.LSP and write add the above line of code to the existing content then the command MYARC will exist everytime you start AutoCAD.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Patchy

May I add that acad.lsp has to be in a path that autocad can find it and the box in OPTIONS, System tab has to be checked for acad.lsp to be loaded with every drawing.

and ACADDOC.LSP can do the same thing.

Message 4 of 4
teotwawki

Thank you very much for the welcome, and for the help!

It works just perfect. I comment what I've done.

With notepad, I've created "acad.lsp" file with that line of command (defun c:a()....).
I saved this file in the program_folder/support/, and activated that option in system tab -thanks so much Patchy, your recommendations were very useful-.
Then I removed the arc alias, so when I write "a", it starts the arc that I want, and if I want the default one, I just need to write "arc".

Again, thanks for the quick and right help. These things about LISP are totally new to me.

Regars,
teot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost