1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
488 Views, 1 Reply

Data Links Breaking when saving to a new file name

AutoCAD 2013

Microsoft Excel 2010

Operating on Windows 7

I recently taught myself how to use data links while linking an Excel Spreadsheet to an AutoCAD Table.

In our process, all of our master files are DWGs and NOT DWTs, so when I created my table along with 120 data links, these are all within a DWG file. For each new job the detailer will copy the files into their specific working folder and rename per their job.

With the chart that I created, a large portion of the data links are breaking when the file name is changed, but not all of them. 

I originally made the excel sheet password protected so no one could modify the data. I unprotected it, but the data link issues are continuing.

I added 2 attachments showing that the links are broken. One attachment shows the master links with no issues, the other shows them after the ACAD file name changed. Link #'s blocked for confidentiality...

Any Tips or Advice on why this is happening?

Good Links

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I solved my own problem...

30/120 links were created with a Full path type - - - these links worked when the file name changed

90/120 links were created with a Partial path type - - - these links broke when the file name changed

Once I changed the partials to full everything functioned as designed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost