Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWGtoPDF Line Merge doesn't work with multi page PDFs

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LyleHardin
363 Views, 3 Replies

DWGtoPDF Line Merge doesn't work with multi page PDFs

I'm not one to complain, but year after year Publishing multi page PDF files with DWGtoPDF has not worked properly.

2015 is no exception. I had some hope for this year's release.

- I make a PC3 file for DWGTOPDF and select line merge on.
- Plotting or publishing ONE sheet works fine. Line merge works as expected.
- Publishing multiple sheets into one PDF file fails. Line merge is ignored and drawing order takes over.

See attachments if interested. Acrplot worked properly, DWGTOPDF did not.

I guess I'll have to continue using Acroplot Pro. It's a fine program, but it has issues too.

I let Autodesk know about this years ago. They are aware of the problem. It must not be a high priority.

Does anyone else have a workaround of sorts?  Our workaround is to use AcroPlot Pro which is also handy for the Acroplot Matrix program included and it's not that expensive for 50 licenses...

I guess there's BlueBeam, but I've not used it.  I know our reseller mentions it everytime they come around.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gguevarra
in reply to: LyleHardin

My office does not produce such colorful and elaborate things as you showed in your example PDF, so DWGtoPDF has worked just fine for us. But we do utilize BlueBeam and we have found it to be a terrific PDF program. Not simply for the sake of having something to view PDFs, but for all the other options and tools it has. I'd say it's at least worth looking into to see if it'll solve your problem, but also to see if your office can utilize it in other aspects.

Message 3 of 4
LyleHardin
in reply to: gguevarra

Thanks for the Bluebeam input.  In reality, the examples posted are just test drawings I typically use with dealing with pen settings and plot setups. Our typical drawings are typical engineering drawings with some 3D thrown in for good measure. But we do use color 253 (grey) for existing items and it's crucial for the grey NOT to print on top of the solid black lines.  Thus the need for reliable Linemerge functionality.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: LyleHardin

PDF has never properly supported AutoCAD's LineMerge: for that you must purchase a PDF driver that does support it, BLUEBEAM being one example that's very popular. 2015 is no exception.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost