Did you mean: 

DWG TrueView

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Gordon_S
343 Views, 6 Replies

DWG TrueView

Hi,

Hope this isn't considered to be the wrong forum, but I am not sure where to start.

I originally tried to install DWG TrueView from the Autodesk site, but clicking on the blue box which saays Download DWG TrueView does nothing except reload the page. Therefore I downloaded and installed the Autodesk Design Review 2013 which is supposed to contain the TrueView functions.

Upon running it, and attempting to open a 2010 AutoCAD file (which I need to chanage to an earlier version for my 2008 version to be able to access and work on) it displayed a message saying that in order to open a drawing I had to download the latest version of DWG TrueView - clicking on the link in this message takes me to the exact same web page where nothing happens when I try to download. 

If you care to try it, the page is http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?id=6703438&siteID=123112 

I cannot work out why Autodesk makes things so very difficult sometimes - like changing the forums to the extent that I am feeling completely lost.

Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in anticipation.

Gordon_s

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: Gordon_S

Did you click on the grey box which says "DOWNLOAD NOW". It is just below where it says "Select Language"

Here is the link to the setup file

http://download.autodesk.com/esd/designreview/2013/HF1/ADR/Bootstrap/enu_ADR2013_BWADDON_DWG2013/Aut...

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
philip.nye

I am seeing exactly the same problem - pressing the Download button just refreshes the page - except that I can't even install Design Review 2013: "0x2 Failed Downloading Component".

Message 4 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: philip.nye

Welcome to the Forums

Have you tried clicking on the link that I posted?

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 7
Gordon_S
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Yes, that is the same file that I downloaded and ran to get Design Review. I have no idea why the so called 2013 version does not seem to include the latest version of TrueView according to the alert screen that comes up when I attempt to open a dwg file.

Any other ideas?

gordon_s

Message 6 of 7
rkmcswain

The URL below points to Design Review 2013 and DWG Trueview 2013 in a single EXE that is about 725MB

http://download.autodesk.com/akdlm/esd/dlm/designreview/2013/enu/SetupDesignReview2013_bundle.exe

Ref [1]

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 7
Gordon_S
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thank you for the link - it is now downloading. I assume that I should remove the current Design Review which seems quite unstable having crashed twice already.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost