Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG TRUE CONVERT FOR OLDER SYSTEMS

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jackshield
13951 Views, 7 Replies

DWG TRUE CONVERT FOR OLDER SYSTEMS

I am running AutoCAD2004 on a windows xp os (insert dust & dinosaur jokes here)

I have a dwg true convert program, but only convert down from 2007.  Is there a convertor that will read later version files for conversion that will run on xp?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: jackshield

@Anonymous wrote:

I am running AutoCAD2004 on a windows xp os (insert dust & dinosaur jokes here)

I have a dwg true convert program, but only convert down from 2007.  Is there a convertor that will read later version files for conversion that will run on xp?

You might want to check out Draftsight.  It's free and may be a bit more capable than the 2004 version of ACAD.  

Message 3 of 8
jackshield
in reply to: Anonymous

thanks, but not looking to change software, just need to convert later versions back to my prehistoric software for use

Message 4 of 8
jggerth

I'd suggest trying Draftsight for the conversion....    Adesk's latest viewers/convertors are not likely to run on XP

Message 5 of 8
hwalker
in reply to: jggerth

Drawing Trueview 2014 does work on Windows XP. In their wisdom, my bosses have decided not to upgrade my OS from XP and I run Trueview 2014 just fine

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 6 of 8
jggerth
in reply to: hwalker

@hwalker wrote:

Drawing Trueview 2014 does work on Windows XP. In their {s} wisdom  ,{/s} my bosses have decided not to upgrade my OS from XP and I run Trueview 2014 just fine

FTFY 🙂
The only issue with that is getting 2014 TrueView now.  looks like the only download still on the Adesk website is for 2015.  And being copyrighted licensed software I can't redistribute it...
Message 7 of 8
pendean

DWGTrueview 2014 download links can be found in this post:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/TrueView-download/m-p/4427763#M68123

Message 8 of 8
jggerth
in reply to: pendean

Thanks Dean!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost