Did you mean: 

Custom Settings Help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
245 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Settings Help

Hello,

I am trying to create a custom style for my company, so when we all work on a project all the settingswill be the same no matter who is working on it. Is there a fast and efficient way to create a custom style for all the autocad users at my work?

I know I can create a template and have everyone work off of that but I would rather have the start up settings pre set to my standards automatically.

The setting I am trying to set are:

• text style
  • dim style
  • layers
  • units and zone
  • plot style

We are all using autocad civil 3d 2013

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

You need to write lisp code to set all those items, then add that code to every user's ACADDOC.LSP startup file for it to work.

Need help getting started? No one here can do it all for you though.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Will the lisp code be a difficult process for all the setting I am trying to preset?

Message 4 of 6
nrz13

I think the template file would be the simplest way to go by far.  If you don't use the default AutoCAD templates, you can delete them so that yours is the only one that shows up for your users.  You can also have AutoCAD point to your custom template so it is the default when creating new drawings.  If you store the template on the network and have all the users point to that file, you can update the file for all users simultaneously.

In what situation do you see the LISP method having an advantage over using a template file?  I'm not saying the LISP method isn't the best for you, but it'd be good to make sure there's not a less complicated method that will help you first.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 6
pendean

No difficulty in "processing", the LISP either works or it does not is the only thing you need to worry about for the most part.

Just make sure you really and truly want all those settings to kick in and load every single time anyone opens any drawing any and every time they do so.
Message 6 of 6
dgorsman

In vanilla AutoCAD, the term "style" has a slightly different meaning than in Civil3D.  If this is about Civil3D styles, I would recommend you ask in the Civil3D board: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/ct-p/66

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost