Custom Linetype shows kink at bends

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1176 Views, 3 Replies

Custom Linetype shows kink at bends

Hi,

I created a custom linetype to show the railway lines using the express commands " Make Shape & Make Linetype " commands. It looks perfect in straight lines. But, where the railyway line takes a turn, the linetype shows kinks as shown in the attached screenshot. The polyline linetype generation is ON.

Is there any other options to remove these kinks and make the linetype display smooth?

Thanks

Siva

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dmfrazier
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried PEDIT's "Fit" or "Spline" options?

Message 3 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I created a custom linetype to show the railway lines using the express commands " Make Shape & Make Linetype " commands. It looks perfect in straight lines. But, where the railyway line takes a turn, the linetype shows kinks as shown in the attached screenshot. The polyline linetype generation is ON.

Is there any other options to remove these kinks and make the linetype display smooth?

Not completely, with something defined with straight pieces as is kind of necessary with compound linetypes -- there is always the possibility that a piece will have its defined beginning or insertion point closer to a downstream vertex than its own length, so it will extend beyond.  And Polyline arc segments will also give you trouble.  But you can at least get closer in a situation like your illustration, by breaking the filled and empty parts into smaller pieces, such as in this thread.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dmfrazier

Thanks all.

Pedit's - Spline option solved my problem.

@Kent - Reducing block size is not acceptable in my case.

Regards,

Siva

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost