Did you mean: 

Cursor jumping and slow

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
felt33
10111 Views, 7 Replies

Cursor jumping and slow

Hi All....I am running a new full version of AutoCAD 2014 on Windows 7 64 bit. It is litterally taking 5-7 seconds to zoom, switch pages, regen, or mostly anything else. Is there a fix for this. It is beyond irritating.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
murray-clack
in reply to: felt33

You are about to get a whole wack of suggestions from other people... But for now, the usual culprits are DYNAMIC UCS (turn it OFF) and the Layer Palette (use the dialog instead by setting LAYERDLGMODE = 0)

Message 3 of 8
felt33
in reply to: murray-clack

Thanks Murray. I already have the DYN off and I tried setting the LAYERDLGMODE to <0>...didn't make a difference. I've also tried turning on and off hardware acceleration and searched for a new grahpics card driver. None of have helped at all. Also tried turning on and off and changing settings for Adaptive Degeneration.

Message 4 of 8
rkmcswain

First off, does this occur in a new empty drawing, or only in existing drawings?

If the latter, Is the amount of drag proportional to the complexity of the drawing?

Ref: Here is a boatload of things you paid for that you can disable or configure differently to help, but if that significant of a delay is occurring in a new empty drawing, none of the "DUCS, SC, Layer Dialog" stuff will "fix" it.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 8
GTVic

Check your support file search path for invalid folders.

Check your "Documents" folder and subfolders for invalid shortcuts. We had a nethood folder from Windows XP on our systems that contained a number of shortcuts that could hang AutoCAD for a long period with certain commands (e.g. HYPERLINK).

Use the Reset Settings to Default option under Start Menu > Autodesk, I'm not sure of exact location/name for 2014. This will reset your profile to default in case it was corrupted.

Message 6 of 8
felt33
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks everyone very much for your help. It turns out after checking into the size of the file, the person before me had over 650,000 entities in the drawing on a frozen layer. I never thought to check it becasue they should know better. All of his crap in addition to the 87,000 entities actually need in the drawing. Thanks again for your help. I'm going to go yell at someone now. 🙂

Message 7 of 8
diana.zupanc

Hi, I am a new admin at company using Autocad 2014. I have one machine with problems described above.
I wonder how to resolve this thing with "many" entities in the drawing on frozen layer? What exact steps in AC I can perform in this case?

Br, E
Message 8 of 8
GTVic
in reply to: diana.zupanc

Have you tested this drawing on other computers?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost