AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

objectivesea
Message 1 of 5 (253 Views)

Crossing Window when zooming excludes part of expected selection

253 Views, 4 Replies
04-08-2013 11:09 AM

AutoCAD Version: AutoCAD 2013

Here is the issue I'm having: whenever I use the stretch command and make a selection using a crossing window, the selection exlcudes anything not int he current zoom view. 

Is there some kind of value that needs to be set in order for the selection to include everything in the crossing window, not just the items in the crossing window that are visible at the current zoom level?

*Expert Elite*
M_Hensley
Message 2 of 5 (213 Views)

Re: Crossing Window when zooming excludes part of expected selection

04-09-2013 04:47 AM in reply to: objectivesea

AutoCAD has done this for as long as I can remember. Nothing I know of can change this behavior.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 5 (205 Views)

04-09-2013 05:39 AM in reply to: objectivesea

Usually, not always, if you launch a command first them select objects, there are less chances of dropping them: but that's not a gaurantee. Out of sight out of mind (or selection) is how AutoCAD has always worked.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
objectivesea
Message 4 of 5 (183 Views)

04-09-2013 11:15 AM in reply to: objectivesea

So it can't be done. What do you do then when you need to make a precise crossing window or polygon and you can't get the precision you need when the zoom shows all the selection objects?

There must be a workaround. I ended up just moving the objects and reconnecting everything, but that's really bothersome. 

*Expert Elite*
M_Hensley
Message 5 of 5 (179 Views)

04-09-2013 11:26 AM in reply to: objectivesea

I work around it by zooming, panning  and making several small stretches. Sometimes I make one stretch zoomed out getting more stuff than I want and then zooming in to stretch some of the stuff back.

It helps to have a layering scheme that allows you to freeze what you don't want stretched. It pays to plan ahead also.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube