Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a AutoCAD 2014 Deployment with 2 profiles.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jchoffman
474 Views, 6 Replies

Creating a AutoCAD 2014 Deployment with 2 profiles.

I'm working on creating a AutoCAD 2014 deployment for approx 250 users that support a customer with 2 different profile requirements. So we have 2 different profiles. the users need to be configured for both. So I'm wanting to create a deployment that will install with both profiles already installed and configured. I've already created arg files for each profile , but I don't want the users to have to apply these themselves. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jchoffman

Hi,

within the deployment you can copy your ARG-files AND you can create two start icons for the users desktop for starting AutoCAD.

Within one icon you use parameter /p pointing to the first ARG-file, the second icon using parameter /p pointing to the other ARG file.

So it's not needed to import a profile, just show the ARG file(s) as profile.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
jchoffman
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I'm having difficulity getting the arg files copied.. is there a certain spot they need to be...     Also there is a custom directory that must be on the root of C:

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

sorry, I don't have the single screens available now, but within the process of creating the deployment you have the choice to create individual directories and to place your ARG files into them, the folder and files are then copied to the destination like you defined.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 7
jchoffman
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks! I will take a look and get it figured out.

Message 6 of 7
jchoffman

I'm getting the error "The path of the added item is too long; "Create New Folder" Please limit path to -28 characters(currently 17)"

Message 7 of 7
jchoffman

Does anyone have any ideas on this?  I don't want to have to import the arg files on each   I have below the properties of the AutoCAD 2014 shortcut...  (this is one of the profiles) AutoCAD is launching the "default profile" not the CEE.arg located in the target below. 

Target :   "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\acad.exe" /product ACAD /language "en-US" /p"C:\Users\Public\Documents\allview_profiles\CEE.arg"

Start In:"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\UserDataCache\"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost