Did you mean: 

Create Dimensions when Drawing Objects in AutoCAD

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
petestrycharske
657 Views, 2 Replies

Create Dimensions when Drawing Objects in AutoCAD

All,

I was wondering if there is a way to have AutoCAD dimensions created from the dynamic input I use to create the objects.  This would likely save some time when trying to dimension objects and prevent us from having to repeat the dimensioning process.  Is there a way to generate these dimensions while drawing the objects?  I haven't seen an option, but maybe I just missed it.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,
Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: petestrycharske

You might take a look at the options on the Parameters tab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
petestrycharske
in reply to: JDMather

JDMather,

That was a good thought and I saw that I could automatically create geometric constraints as I draw objects, by altering the settings in the Parametric tab.  However, I didn't see any way to automatically apply dimensions as I was drawing.  Was this the location that you had in mind?  Just wondering if I had missed something.  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost