AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

emljjn
Message 1 of 23 (3,106 Views)

Crash when closing drawing

3106 Views, 22 Replies
07-31-2012 08:11 AM

I am using Windows 7 64 bit laptop. When I close a drawing just after saving in AutoCAD 2013 64 bit, the program crashes. This will happen with one drawing open, or several. I also had this problem with 2011.

I have been using AutoCAD for 16 years and never had this problem with previous versions on earlier operating systems.

Any ideas?

emljjn
Message 3 of 23 (3,070 Views)

Re: Crash when closing drawing

08-01-2012 12:27 PM in reply to: emljjn

None of that helped.

Mentor
SugarCAD
Message 4 of 23 (3,051 Views)

08-03-2012 06:50 AM in reply to: emljjn

Try disabling InfoCenter.

DISABLE SPYCENTER

Valued Mentor
KerryBrown
Message 5 of 23 (3,023 Views)

08-04-2012 04:31 PM in reply to: emljjn

Have you installed .NET framework 4.5 review ??

If so, you may need to ininstall it and re-install ,NET 4.0 (and do a windows update)

The 4.5 review and AutoCAD are not compatible.

//-------------------------------------------------------

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

Contributor
IsomaAde
Message 6 of 23 (2,752 Views)

11-28-2012 11:50 PM in reply to: emljjn

I'm having the same trouble. I'm using 2013 on a PC not a laptop but still using Windows 7 64 bit. I've tried all of the solutions suggested to no avail. I'm wondering if a windows automatic updates has installed something that disagrees with 2013, because my crashing woes seem to have got worse in recent weeks. The situation is ridiculous and needs to be sorted asap. This software is about as stable as a junkie who's going cold turkey. How about giving us some help Autodesk in return for the thousands of pounds we spend with you!!

Contributor
IsomaAde
Message 7 of 23 (2,707 Views)

12-15-2012 12:27 AM in reply to: IsomaAde

Still struggling, still no answers or soultions......what a joke!

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 8 of 23 (2,704 Views)

12-15-2012 02:16 AM in reply to: IsomaAde

Hi,

>> Still struggling, still no answers or soultions......what a joke!

So if it's a joke we keep you laughing animierte smilies lachen grinsen happy freuen smilen witzig froh

To the forum here: if anyone answers to questions then it's done because we like to help, but we are doing that for free, we are not paid for that so "we don't have to answer".

If you don't get an answer it may have some reasons (like how detailed is the problem description, if (like you) place a question on the end of an already existing thread have the poster already tried what was suggested above, if so what results has he got, how friendly is it, ..... and a lot more). At least it's a forum that is for "user help users", it's not the "line to Autodesk-support" ==> therefor you have a direct support option through your dealer or by using the subscription-center.

Let's start with going to detail:

• What steps do you have to do to reproduce the problem (especially are these problems occure with specific drawings).
  • What servicepack for AutoCAD have you currently installed
  • What happend to your system the last weeks (while the problems raised), what updates were installed
  • What gc and driver-version do you use
  • Have you installed apps or tools on top of your AutoCAD
  • What type of AutoCAD do you use (if you have some vertical like Mech or ACA or MEP or Civil or ...)

Can you create a screenshot so we can see the error message in detail?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Contributor
IsomaAde
Message 9 of 23 (2,701 Views)

12-15-2012 02:47 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hello Alfred

Not venting at group just venting my frustration over the situation. I understand that the advice given here is given in good faith and not for financial gain. Apologies if it was taken in the wrong way.

I'm using AutoCAD 2013 SP1

AutoCAD crashes sometimes when I try to close a drawing either via my document management software (Design Manager) or by using the close command. It doesn't do it always which is extremely frustratig. I get the message "AudoCAD cannot continue" and a button to close AutoCAD. Something has happened since install because everything worked fine then. I'm using a Nvidia Quadro 4000 with the latest Nvidia driver. I am an Inventor user also and I had to use the Nvidia driver because the one recommended by Autodesk was giving me problems. It's probably a windows update that's causing my grief. I just don't have the time to sort this problem out as I am extremely busy, therefore i'm just having to love with the problem. I'd love to have the time to fix it but at the moment that's just not an option. I thought that Autodesk monitored these forums and suggested solutions...hence my comments.

Regards

Ade

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 10 of 23 (2,698 Views)

12-15-2012 04:41 AM in reply to: IsomaAde

Hi,

>> just venting my frustration over the situation

Ok, read and understood that.

>> via my document management software (Design Manager)

Ever tried to run AutoCAD without this AddOn? Closing a drawing could mean that a document-managing software (that is watching your document open/close/save/erase) is handling the check-in to the server, also that may be a reason for getting an exception. So the screenshot, when this error raises, may give us more info about that!

>> I just don't have the time to sort this problem out as I am extremely busy

I think it is necessary to spent time to come more close to the problem. I don't think it's a standard situation otherwise you would have got tons of answers telling you what to do.

I know one situation that happens sometimes to me: if AutoCAD closes I hear a "ding" from my sound-device and a dialog telling me AutoCAD has crashed ... but that message pops up when all drawings were already closed (and saved) and even the AutoCAD application window was closed. So I have no damage on my data.

Your situation looks like you close one drawing, that crahses AutoCAD and you lose the other opened drawings without the ability to save it (my interpretation as you answered you have a similar problem like the OP has). That means you really lose working hours .... if you don't spend time to isolate the problem you may (you will) again lose working hours.

I can understand some frustration if a software crashes, but I don't understand (sorry for saying that so directly) that you are not willing to take time to solve the problem. As it is not a standard problem everyone has, but a problem occuring just on your system ==> without info's from your system it will not get solved anyway.

I hope you understand my words, I don't want to offend you, I just want to describe the options we have to help you. And that needs your work and time too :smileywink:

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube