Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy/paste issue specific to 2014--single machine

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cubswin
287 Views, 1 Reply

Copy/paste issue specific to 2014--single machine

We have a user in our office that produced metric (mm) drawings in vanilla AutoCAD 2013.  She can copy and paste from these drawings to another without issue in 2013 and other versions of AutoCAD.  I can take the same drawing in AutoCAD 2014 and copy/paste without issue.  However, when she's working on her machine in AutoCAD 2014 the item copied from the clipboard to another drawing inserts at 25.4x.  Obviously something behind the scenes on her machine is performing a metric/imperial conversion.  I've checked the normal suspects: INSUNITS, INSUNITSDEFSOURCE, INSUNITSDEFTARGET--they're set the same across both projects.  If it were a drawing specific system variable issue then I should be having the same issue on my machine--and it works fine for me.  I didn't think there was a global setting (non-drawing specific) that could affect clipboard paste behavior, but maybe I'm wrong.  Neither of us have AutoCAD verticals--just plain old AutoCAD.

I've also cleaned out the %temp% folder on her machine--same result.  Any ideas?  I'm thinking about reinstalling her AutoCAD.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jay_B
in reply to: cubswin

Enter -DWGUNITS @ command line on her machine (note the dash) and follow prompts.

When asked about scaling answer "no". This command also shows the actual units the

dwg is set to.

Set INSUNITS to 0.

One last thought, check any page setup plotting units and verify they aren't set to mm's.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost