Did you mean: 

Copy Paste

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
blowout
1815 Views, 8 Replies

Copy Paste

I am having trouble with copy paste . When I copy with base point, and try to paste all the paste options are inactive. is there a switch that I have off? What''s the fix.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: blowout

Try OPTIONS from the Command line in the target drawing and then click OK to close the dialog.

Are the choices available now when you right click?

Message 3 of 9
blowout
in reply to: Charles_Shade

you mean, just go to options, and then get out of it without doing anything?

Message 4 of 9
blowout
in reply to: Charles_Shade

That seemed to work, but why?

Message 5 of 9
Charles_Shade

Yes and shoulder shrug.

I've had that issue since 2012 and that has been the fix. I do have a thread here somewhere that Autodesk acknowledges that it is an issue but so far has not been fixed other than that simple workaround.

I'm not sure, because I've not paid enough attention, if it is a global fix for the day or if you have to do it in each drawing. I think it is more of a global fix though.

Message 6 of 9

Doesn't work for me in 2014, haven't tried in 2015. Ctrl + V for Paste or Ctrl + Shift + V for Paste as Block is the only way I can get it to work.

David
Inventor Professional 2023.0.1
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Message 7 of 9

In 2014, if you select something and then open your clipboard, the options for paste should be available. I use ctrl V anyway, but that is one work around I've seen posted. 

Message 8 of 9

Just tested in 2015, appears that something finally got fixedSmiley Surprised

Message 9 of 9
martin.evans

When you go into the drawing you want to paste into highlight a line, any line and try again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost