AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

MiDu75
Message 1 of 7 (566 Views)

Convert ribbon menue items into classic workspace.

566 Views, 6 Replies
11-13-2012 01:49 AM

hi there...

i having a fully working ribbon in ACAD2013. it is a registered dll that is originally coded in vb.net.

unfortunatley the functionality is only visible at the drafting & annotation workspace but is desperatly needed in classic workspace mode.

for hours i am trying to find a way to make my functionality working in classic workspace too.

is it possible to extend the classic workspace in acad2013 with my functions? if so, how, or where can i get more detailed information to solve my task.

thank you.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 2 of 7 (561 Views)

Re: Convert ribbon menue items into classic workspace.

11-13-2012 04:38 AM in reply to: MiDu75

Which functions exactly? Elaborate please, your post is light on specifics.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
MiDu75
Message 3 of 7 (557 Views)

11-13-2012 04:49 AM in reply to: MiDu75

...re

i already have methods implemented within my ribbontab that works as expected.

a customer is using my ribbon but wants the functionality also in the Classic Workspace which means i need to extend the toolbar in the classic Workspace with another menue-item that contains menue-sub-items that trigger the same methods like those in my ribbon.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 4 of 7 (554 Views)

11-13-2012 04:59 AM in reply to: MiDu75

CUI command, drag and drop to toolbars or screen menus into a classic workspace's toolbars and screen menus: toolbars can call sub-toolbars (you must create these as standalone toolbars first) and appear as expanded buttons, and you can turn on and off toolbars with your macro/lisp/customzations if needed.

Same with pulldown menus.

Dive in, start exploring CUI in depth.

MiDu75
Message 5 of 7 (519 Views)

11-15-2012 02:52 AM in reply to: pendean

thank you for your reply.

i have followed your instruction as i understood them.

unfortunatley, although my ribbontab is visible in drafts&annotaions workspace, it is not visible anywhere within the  cui command window. 

for my ribbon i dont use any .cui or .cuix file. it is a .net-dll that is just registered and initialized on startup.

i also like to put my ribbon-items in the classic workspace in the menuebar.

i may find out myself how to do that but i am looking for some kind of tutorials; there are many out there for the ribbon, but i cant find any clues to select the workspace in which i want to put my commands to. 

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 6 of 7 (512 Views)

11-15-2012 05:50 AM in reply to: MiDu75

You might need to repost and find more specific help in the .NET Customization Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/NET/bd-p/152

But remember: RIBBON is new and designed to do more, CLASSIC is from the 1980s before you ever thought of MSWindows, let alone .NET

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 7 of 7 (499 Views)

11-15-2012 11:50 AM in reply to: MiDu75

If you programmatically create Ribbon elements, then chances are you would have to create toolbars the same way.  But I strongly encourage you to create a dedicated CUIx for your product that can be partially loaded.  I have dealt with such programmatically generated UI content before and from a CAD Admin standpoint they are a royal PITA to manage.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube