Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commands losing their function in R14

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jcarver
424 Views, 7 Replies

Commands losing their function in R14

I'm using R14.  I'm using default commands (overkill, Match Prop, Prop., and Find).  I'll use these commands all the time without any problems then all of sudden it becomes an unknown command one day.  Anything I do it is still an unkown command.  It's like that command does not exist.  I'll brought in an old profile to rebuild my icons - mind you these are all dault commands - All those commands will work.  About a week later same thing happen and the same commands stop working.  Then I have to go through an old profile once again and rebuild it and then it will work.  I've gone through this process twice. Does anybody kowns how to fix this issue?

Thanks

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: jcarver

They stop working while you are in a session?
Or they stop working the moment you start AutoCAD?

Message 3 of 8
jcarver
in reply to: pendean

They stop working in the middle of the session.

Thank you,

Jim Carver
System Administrator
Dakota Creek Industries, Inc.

Message 4 of 8
bryce.thelin

Hi Jim,

We have this article on our web site:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/Error-Unknown-Command-when-entering-commands-in-AutoCAD

I'm wondering if the 'Demand load ObjectARX apps' setting is changing on you. Could you have an add-on or plug-in that might be affecting how AutoCAD works? Do you use custom scripts?

Have you tried resetting AutoCAD to defaults and then redoing your settings/workspace from scratch (i.e., don't import anything)? It could be possible that something in your old profile is working against you.

After you get AutoCAD in working order, export your settings. Although not a fix, it would be a quick way to restore things when commands stop working. Look under Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 2014. You will see 'Reset Settings to Defaults' and then the submenu 'Migrate Custom Settings' with options for exporting and importing your settings.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 5 of 8
justshutup

@jcarver wrote:

I'm using R14.  I'm using default commands (overkill, Match Prop, Prop., and Find).  I'll use these commands all the time without any problems then all of sudden it becomes an unknown command one day.  Anything I do it is still an unkown command.  It's like that command does not exist.  I'll brought in an old profile to rebuild my icons - mind you these are all dault commands - All those commands will work.  About a week later same thing happen and the same commands stop working.  Then I have to go through an old profile once again and rebuild it and then it will work.  I've gone through this process twice. Does anybody kowns how to fix this issue?

Thanks

R14?  Really?

Message 6 of 8
bryce.thelin
in reply to: justshutup

I was thinking R14 really means 2014. The OVERKILL command didn't exist until AutoCAD 2012 as an official command, although it was an Express Tool before that.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 7 of 8
pendean

R14, from the year 1997? Then if setting DEMANDLOAD to 3 doesn't fix it your installation of Express Tools is faulty and may have a lot to do with the fact that you are not running in Win95/98/NT4 any more.

Did you load a new autocad profile? or a new Windows profile? Can you not just reinstall Express Tools?
Message 8 of 8
jcarver
in reply to: pendean

I went ahead re-intall R14 and same thing occur.  So I went ahead rebuild the customize profile with defualt setting.  I compared the setting with a different machine that's running R14 and everything is the same.  It does not make sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost