Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commandline back to the old version pssible?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
vandenoosterkamp
420 Views, 6 Replies

Commandline back to the old version pssible?

The 2014 commandline bothers me a lot. In former versions the commandline just said 'command' and then you knew it's ready for new input. Now it says 'type a command' on an extra line but the problem is that sometimes it doesn't while the system is idle and in that case I wait in vain. By now I'm sort of used to that so I start typing when I think ACAD is ready but sometimes it still isn't so you're typing in vain. I want the old commandline back! Can that be done?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: vandenoosterkamp

So you just want to dock the commandline in 2014?
Message 3 of 7
vandenoosterkamp
in reply to: pendean

No, it's docked already. I would like to see uniform behaviour. Maybe it has something to do with my machine?
F.e. after the rectang command it says 'type a command' and after -boundary command the line is blank, however with a blinking cursor.
Message 4 of 7
Patchy

Richt click on the command line, uncheck all the options in there, see if that'll help.

If not RESET your autocad or reinstall it.

Message 5 of 7
vandenoosterkamp
in reply to: Patchy

Your last commandline says 'command'. Now I'm really jealous! 2014 version?

Changing options don't make a difference. I need a way to get back to the 2012 version.
Message 6 of 7

Can you post a nice screenshot of what yours looks like?

Message 7 of 7
pendean

OK, I see: you are disturbed by the new look and hidden "command:" and nothing more.

Sorry, if you want the 2012 look you'll need to drop back to 2012 😞 and unlearn waiting for the bottom-most line and look at the line above it for clues.
When AutoCAD is read for you to input something new, the bottom-most line says (all in gray, which means nothing is active)
TYPE A COMMAND
and when it is busy, it shows what action it is in the middle of (and all black, no gray) and does not show the above gray prompt.

So remember: GRAY means it's ready for you, BLACK means you are in the middle of something.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost