Did you mean: 

Command Line History Issues

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
capstonemechanical
3052 Views, 9 Replies

Command Line History Issues

I've just switched to AutoCAD 2014 and have been having the issue that AutoCAD doesn't seem to be retaining any command history. The commands are executing properly but I'm not seeing any command history even when I open the text window and input commands from there. I have run INPUTSHISTORYMODE and it is set to 15 currently, I have changed the value and it doesn't seem to make any difference either.  Anyone have any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Try 6 for INPUTHISTORYMODE

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 3 of 10

No dice.

Message 4 of 10

There's another variable CMDINPUTSHISTORYMAX.  Is it set to 1, maybe?  (Default in 2013 is 20.)

Message 5 of 10

Nope, CMDINPUTSHISTORYMAX was already set to 20, but I played around with it to no avail.

Message 6 of 10

Just to be sure we are on the same page, can you post a screenshot illustrating the issue?

Message 7 of 10

So my problem is that no command history is recorded, nor is output shown. I frequently use QSELECT to find onject on layers as I purge but now I don't get any output telling me how many objects were found. Interestingly, when I hit the up arrow I am able to scroll through recent commands but still no output or true history.

Sreenshots: before and after using PLINE. Same results with all commands used.

Message 8 of 10

It looks like you have chosen the same color for text and background for the command window.  (Tools, Options, Display, Colors.)

Message 9 of 10
Patchy
in reply to: capstonemechanical
Message 10 of 10
charlieBRS
in reply to: steve216586

Thanks mate

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost