Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining hydraulic with Architectural drawings

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Dwillcock
388 Views, 2 Replies

Combining hydraulic with Architectural drawings

Hi, I have Hydraulic and Architectural drawings that i need to combine. This is in order to draw the fixture penetrations for the surveyors and also to dimension them for the plumbers on site. Currently i open the hydraulic drawing and bind in the xrefs so i can clean up what ever i don't need by freezing layers and then use my created blocks for different size penetrations needed. Is this the best way of going about it? it just takes time to explode/separate layers etc. to get down to the base ones i need! Any feedback and suggestions would be much appreciated. cheers Dylan
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
3wood
in reply to: Dwillcock

If you need use your own blocks, then why bother exploding and seperating the hydraulic drawing? I would just use it as a background and redraw / Ncopy anything I need from there.

Message 3 of 3
Dwillcock
in reply to: 3wood

Thankyou for your reply 3wood, It is the Architectural's that i am separating out the bits i don't need not the hydraulics, but yeah it may be easier to just copy rather than sift through the massive amount of layers and blocks in the Architectural's!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost