Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colours of text changing to white and monochrome plot not working

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jpawluk
2562 Views, 6 Replies

Colours of text changing to white and monochrome plot not working

I am fairly new to autocad but I am getting on with it so far...

My problem is that all of my dimensions and text have changed colour to white, with my by layer colour as an outline of the text, the arrows and lines still look correct however. I put the dimensions on a seperate layer and this seemed to happen after hiding this layer then later unhiding it. I have looked through the properties to change the colour unsuccessfully.

On another note, the monochrome print option does not work when creating a plot - it will still create it in colour. What can I do to sort these issues? It is fustrating as all I really need to do with this drawing is to export the it for a report and it looks messy!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
3wood
in reply to: jpawluk

Please try the following:

1. Change everything to ByLayer color, including elements in dimension style definition.

2. Check layer color and ensure there is no TrueColor assigned to any layer.

2. Ensure use monochrome.ctb to plot.

If it is still not working, please upload your file as a zip with ETRANSMIT command.

Message 3 of 7
jpawluk
in reply to: 3wood

Thanks for your quick reply. 

I have checked all that I can find and ensured that it is all on ByLayer and that hasn't worked. I also have checked the layer properties and things to the best of my ability and its all ByLayer, but like I said, I am fairly new to this... Whats weird is that if I change the text/dimensions to a different layer, it will still stay white but put a very thin outline in the correct colour. If I add new text/dimensions it will be in the correct, solid colour when I type but as soon as you accept it will turn white!

I am also still not having luck with the monochrome export. I am using the DWF6 ePlot or DWG To PDF but after selecting monochrome.ctb it still previews and exports in colour - I did a sanity check and looked up how to do it and I can't see anything that is wrong...

Attached is the drawing as a zip. Any ideas on how to fix would be fantastic! Thanks

Message 4 of 7
3wood

I have tested your drawing.

Please try the following:

VIEW->VISUAL STYLES->2D WIREFRAME, or command:_vscurrent

Here is my plot preview:

ctb2.png

Message 5 of 7
jpawluk
in reply to: 3wood

So simple! I knew it probably would be but just didn't know what to do - still learning!

Thanks for your help

Message 6 of 7
domtuck

HI, 

I have a similar problem too here. Although the solution is not changing anything. I have a fair bit of cad experience but have not come accross this before. I may have performed an accidental keyboard short cut and changed something simple though??

On all layout sheets in some of my drawing files the text is white, not only on the sheet layer itself, such as drawing notes, text is also white in the viewport. Model space is unaffected. 

I also have a strange pair of grey lines in all the layouts that stretch horizontally for infinity, aligned with the top and bottom of the page.

Another point, although it could be unrelated are the poly lines that form my drawing information block on the layout, they are white with a thin black outline, showing the mitre at each corner?

I use a customized monochrom.ctb to plot with and strangely the sheets are printing as usual, so this could be a simple viewing setting I am unaware of??

I have attached screenshots to view.

I'm not sure if I should be asking this question on the back of the above as I do not post on forums often, accept my apologies if It is a separate topic.

Any assitance would be greatly apreciated though!

Thanks & Regards

Dom

Message 7 of 7
domtuck
in reply to: domtuck

HI again, 

It seems installing service pack one for Autoc CAD 2016, doing a restart, then installing Service Pack One for Autocad Architecture has done the trick!

All the problem files are back to normal?

Thanks

Dom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost