Changing color of lines within multiple blocks

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
elizanoloo
2931 Views, 5 Replies

Changing color of lines within multiple blocks

Hey,

So I have received a few (15) drawings from an architect and I am compiling them in an overall xref so we can then work around it. Each drawing has several blocks all with color set bylayer, but within the blocks a lot of the lines are set by different colors. 

What I am trying to do is change all the magenta colored lines to number 8, without changing the rest. So far I had to go into each block, select all the magenta lines using filter, and then changing them to number 8.

I am aware of commands such as setbylayer, but in this case they would not work as the layer color is green and the rest of the linework is fine.

Changing plot settings, although very quick, is not an option. We have global setting that we use throughout the office and would create a bunch of other problems.

I know I am kind of reaching here a bit, but does anyone have any thoughts or knows of any lisps that might make this tedious job a little bit faster.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
3wood
in reply to: elizanoloo

You can try attached CHZ20.vlx which can change entity color including block subentity color (need a free registration) based on a selected color matching file.

When it prompts for the color matching file, you can use attached example txt file which sets up a rule to change all color 6 (Magenta) to color 8. You can also modify it or add more rules as you need.

Settings as below:

CHZ20.zip

Message 3 of 6
elizanoloo
in reply to: 3wood

Thank you 3wood, I will try it out and let you know!!!
Message 4 of 6
steve216586
in reply to: elizanoloo

Are the blocks redundant? Do they occur often in other drawings or are they specific for only one drawing?

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 5 of 6
elizanoloo
in reply to: steve216586

Thanks steve216586,but unfortunately they are different. I thought about changing them in one and replacing them in the others, but the drawings are very badly conceived.

It's a long 3-day weekend in the UK, so I won't be back to work until Tuesday when I wanna try 3wood's program.

Message 6 of 6
elizanoloo
in reply to: 3wood

Hey 3wood,

Thanks a lot. It did exactly what I needed. There was a problem with replacing 6 to 8, but when I changed the txt file to 6 to 1, it changed everything!! I am guessing that it might not read 8 as a true color or that it might need to be added with its true value.

Cheers

Eliza

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost