Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing annotative scale deletes hatch

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jmb789
290 Views, 2 Replies

Changing annotative scale deletes hatch

I'm currently using AutoCAD 2014. I have a floor plan already drawn and each individual room already has a seperate hatch created. What I would like to be able to do is somehow make the color of the hatch change to represent the percent completion of each room. I would ideally like to just be able to make an Excel spreadsheet that contains in column A the room title like Kitchen, Bath Room 1, Living Room, etc. and column B would contain the percent completion. So when I change column B from 20 to 30 the color updates. A couple different people will be imputting in to the spreadsheet which is why it I want it to be so simple. What would the best possible way to accomplish this be? My floor plan contains about 60 different spaces and would have about 10 different color to represent the percent completes. Should I first make all the the hatches for each room a seperate block with it's unique name to identify it? And should I also make each percent complete color a seperate layer? I'm not really sure how to go about this but I'm very much willing to learn. Have the ability to do something like this will be a great aide in the future.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jmb789

Hi,

may I ask what the colorization of a hatch from a database/spreadsheet has to do with the title "Changig annotative scale deletes hatch"?

The colorization can't be done with plain AutoCAD OTB, you might need some development skills or someone beeing able to write that for you.

If you have a vertical product like ACA, MAP3D, ... let`s know that.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jmb789

>>>crosspost<<<, I guess it's better to continue there as the title matches to the question-details.

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost