Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Color and linetype rubberband cursor AutoCad 2015

19 REPLIES 19
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
2420 Views, 19 Replies

Change Color and linetype rubberband cursor AutoCad 2015

In AutoCad 2015 my rubberband cursor is orange and a hidden linestyle.

How can I change it to another color and a continuous linestyle?

Layer 0 is On en not Frozen.

My background is color 9, croshairs black.

Johan

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Anybody?

Message 3 of 20
nestly2

In previous versions, the color of the "rubber band" line was controlled by the Dynamic dimension lines interface element color. As far as I know, in 2015 the "rubberband" is now it's own element, however there's no user control over it's appearance.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Thank you

But than a question for Autodesk.

Why change things and forget the possibility to set it like previous versions???

An orange and hidden rubberband is almost invissible on color 9 background.

The black background is not wat we want. Almost nothing has a black backgound only autoCad.

Please do not change settings!!

It takes me day's to change everything to set it like previous versions.

Also commands and variables that won't work in LISP anymore are a disaster 

Why do we update I ask myself 😞

Wait for 2016 or stop updating?

Message 5 of 20
pendean

Report it to Autodesk, posting here is not the process:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=1073063&siteID=123112
and if you are on subscription, do so there too please.

The more that gets reported the more likely it will get addressed.
Message 6 of 20
pendean

PRESELECTIONEFFECT and SELECTIONEFFECT variables in 2015?
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you

Has no effect on de rubberbandcolor and linetype

Message 8 of 20
rkmcswain

Bumping this on the off chance that someone found a way to change the properties of the rubber band element...?

Upgraded several users recently and this is now a popular "how can I get this %#$# back like it was" question around here.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Also interested if this is a variable that can be switched off. Its just another item that adds nothing of any value.

Message 10 of 20
rkmcswain

loggyboy wrote:

Also interested if this is a variable that can be switched off. Its just another item that adds nothing of any value.

I think we are stuck with Dean's answer in post #5.

I do think it serves a purpose however, it should just be configurable like other display elements.

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous

I agree. I just spent 2 hours trying to track this down, only to find out it is not fixable?

Message 12 of 20
rkmcswain

patagoniadave wrote:

I agree. I just spent 2 hours trying to track this down, only to find out it is not fixable?

All because some programmer thought that we'd ALL like orange dashed rubberband lines...

When in doubt....leave it alone. 😉

Message 13 of 20
pendean

Log into your subscription website, go to the management page, click on the support pulldown at the top and file a report to tell Autodesk all about it.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous

We stop with subscription.

2014 is fine and i'm tired of things like these en pay thousends of Euro's for changes we do not want...

Best regards

Johan

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous

I told Autodesk about it and my reselller, Both no solution.
So it seems nothing helps
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous

Having used this for a year now, I dont even notice it anymore!

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous

For any of you who do not also use Adobe's new Creative Cloud versions, I can state that this example of new Adesk modifications and deprecated earlier productivity features is eerily similar.

And please. Report it?? Complain about it?? No.

These trends are about large organizations slipping into a culture or a corporate mindset of,"Let us make careers out of leading ungrateful customers through whatever labyrinths we can dream up to outdo each other in the employment hierarchy. Our senior managers shall measure how "productive" we are in terms of how many shiny new labyrinths we've devised.

Pure folly. I mean, even if they get a kick out of watching how many "zero productivity" hours they levy upon customers, knowing that per the "fine print", they can ultimately get away with it, heehee, I mean really, even if they do..., shouldn't there at least be some natural absence of complete arrogance, that says hey, let's have a person to review our "new" product who can test these brilliant ideas more objectively? Not from the coding bias which is too close and intimate with the whole product, to imagine how an ordinary draftsperson or "at home" designer might burn out on this nonsense. It seriously boggles the mind that senior management would not hire engineers of the non-coding persuasions, Adesk's own retirees for example, to review application feature saturation quotients or whatever senior mgrs do. Such a reviewer would preferably be able to imagine how easily the software works (or !!DOESN'T!!) for quick basic drafting and engineering tasks. This is what so much btes about the subscription thing. But none of you fancyboys wanted to listen to us old foges back when we all got to decide when to move up a version, albeit with the associated smaller penalty if you skipped 2 or 3 versions.

I haven't even had the time to check out v. 2016 yet cause I've been on the Adobe learning curve (aka labyrinth) for the last 6 months. That's when these gimmicky advances become too much. When you do not use the software for sixmonths after you first didn't really have the time to peruse the entirely new UI layout. The X's that do not appear in the toolset/properties sub-panels, until hover over them, and can finally close out of them.
Honestly. I don't even feel like I am deeling with Beta revisions in these last two "releases".

Sorry. Now I gotta go download another four, 0.875-1.12 gigabyte Adobe "updates" from my 20 Gig monthly metered satellite allotment, just so nobody will come over to my shop and notice some other dumb thing I am losing productivity time over. By the time I get around to requesting Adesk to send the 2017 Media Kit, some idiot will probably have earned a bonus for dispensing with that common courtesy.

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

I just got Release 2016. I too would love to change the color of the rubber band from orange-yellow and dashed to another color and solid.
Message 19 of 20
rkmcswain

ptatohedQ2W9Y wrote:
I just got Release 2016. I too would love to change the color of the rubber band from orange-yellow and dashed to another color and solid.

The official KB article on this.

Message 20 of 20
Anonymous

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost