Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot purge items

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
alecatalan
355 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot purge items

Hello, I have several files that when selecting an entity text, line, etc. it stays stuck for a few minutes and then I can continue working. If I want to edit a text, I select it and gets stuck; but if I select the command and then dedit selected text nothing happens. I could solve this problem, but when I purge the file in the list of items that can not be purged have hundreds of blocks, text styles, line styles, etc. I can not delete. I tried several commands, and then export it to dxf to dwg fun, WBLOCK, open and export 3D Civil, etc. Some kind of solution for this kind of problem?
Regards,

Alexis Catalán
CAD/BIM Administrator
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jggerth1
in reply to: alecatalan

Looks like some 3rd party program has added a ton of stuff.....

You can look into using DGNPurge, but offhand, those don't look like Microstation embedded cruft.

Message 3 of 7
alecatalan
in reply to: jggerth1

DGNPURGE check the option and any change does not arise. Thanks

Regards,

Alexis Catalán
CAD/BIM Administrator
Message 4 of 7
jggerth1

Next step then is to find out what 3rd party package is adding the -mODULO OPACO etc to your files, and contact that vendor on cleanup procedures.

Message 5 of 7
Jason.Piercey

Can you provide a link to download the file? (or attach it here, if it is not too large) I've got some ideas of where this information is being stored.

Message 6 of 7
alecatalan
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Sorry, unable to upload file.
Regards,

Alexis Catalán
CAD/BIM Administrator
Message 7 of 7
hgasty1001

Alexis:

It's almost impossible to say what's going on without inspecting the drawing, but some hints:

1.-Anything that have a reference can not be purged

2.-Some times  text styles, line types, etc. are referenced inside a block or a nested block, or attributes of a block

3.-Nested Blocks cannot be purged if they are referenced by another block

Gaston Nunez

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost