Did you mean: 

Cannot print from Autocad LT 2013

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
katie1994
964 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot print from Autocad LT 2013

This has been an ongoing problem that no one at my office seems able to solve. I cannot get my program to print to any out our network printers. I am using Autocad 2013 LT with FusionWare and Windows 7 on a Macpro OSX Lion. This started being a problem a few weeks ago and the only way I can get anything printed is to make a pdf and and then print the pdf from Acrobat.

Today I brought in a HP 940c printer from home and connected it to my desktop printer. I spent an hour uninstalling and installing the drivers. I can now print from Acrobat on both the PC and Mac sides of the computer, but when I try it from Autocad I get Error_Printing in the HP printer window. No info as to what the error might be. I tried this several times, tried renaming the file with a shorter name but since the driver puts in the entire path that was a futile gesture.

So I have confirmed that the printer is functioning correctly, just not with Autocad. Please, any help will be much appricated. I realize that i do have a working workaround but it is tedius and unnecessay to keep making all those pdfs.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: katie1994

You might also try posting this in the Printing and Plotting forum.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
katie1994
in reply to: rkmcswain

Didn't know there was one! Thanks.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: rkmcswain

A Windows System Restore fixed it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost