Did you mean: 

Can't Subtract from Region

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
TS18
3715 Views, 7 Replies

Can't Subtract from Region

Hi!

I'm using the AutoCAD Mechanical 2013 student edition and I can't subtract items inside a region that i made. I type the command subtract>select the region to subtract from>Enter>select objects to subtract>Enter and nothing happends =/

Here is my file, if you'd like to take a look (the outer portion is my region and I want to subtract everything that's inside it)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: TS18

Make region for everything inside too, then subtract.

Message 3 of 8
TS18
in reply to: Patchy

I got it! I did it just like I had been doing before but this time it seemed to work. Thank you! 🙂

Message 4 of 8
dbferdian
in reply to: TS18

How to subtract this 3D object. caused by the object don't want to subtract. It said "The selected surface was ignored. Surfaces cannot be subtracted from solids or regions. At least two solids, surfaces, or coplanar regions must be selected." I create the subtraction object with the NURBS customization by me of manual design (my hand made Hehe.. ) and I attached the file too for the compromise that be clearly check it out first of the below. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forums/editpage/board-id/706/message-id/107528/tab/preview# Thanks guys for reading and sorry of my spoken not really too well and thanks too be whose want to help me I'm so hopeful your help be helpfully for me in the near future.
Message 5 of 8
dbferdian
in reply to: dbferdian

How to Make a Macro ?

Hi, sorry I made the new topic that I create on the same line. But How do I create or assign a command directly refer through to the macro of the "_solidedit _edge _color " or "_solidedit _face _color "? e.g. I want to assign the "CF" to be "_solidedit _face _color " of the macro. Please Help me! ^_^"
Message 6 of 8
dbferdian

How to detecting the mutual command of an AutoCAD 2013 by it self or automatically ?
Message 7 of 8
dbferdian

Sorry, reasonable! And it's not been a regular thing again if you do not understand at all. It was all because of my language are very ugly. Maybe I should do a re-examination and make it back. Maybe that's better. But please with all respect please understand my language and my question! With maybe a little makes you inconvenient and requires an understanding of your very extra to give direction to me from the master in this forum.

How do I know if any of the hundreds of orders (over ±986 commands I have) that have been made [B]have the same or duplicated[/B] and [B]how do I fix it quickly[/B]? because [B]it is not possible at all if I were to always have to check in every single line[/B].

~ translated back with google translate ~
Message 8 of 8
dbferdian

When I insert my action script ("_SOLIDEDIT _FACE _L") to my ACADDOC.LSP. The display menu appears is not popup gui anymore but some menu drop beginning a start with "BY LAYER" option of the first after I selected the face of an object which one I want to put to give the color of it. Why it doesn't more want to shown up the pop up gui the colors menu again ? What is wrong with my script ? This is the script I made. If you mind to let you to see my script and correction it and Please give me a some suggestion ?

(defun c:FC ()

(command "SOLIDEDIT" "F" "L")

(princ)

)

And in order this also applies to my an another scripts too such as; "select > last", "select > previous", "select > fence", "select > cpolygon", "select > wpolygon", "select > group", "select > subobject".

~ still process to learning of an english ~

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost