Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Save to PDF black/white

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alexandra.konieczny
3237 Views, 1 Reply

Can't Save to PDF black/white

I have a drawing that I'm trying to save to a black and white PDF and every time it still uses color. I am using AUTOcad 2013 for mac. I have a different page setup set as the current with print with plot styles checked and monochrome.ctb selected. 

The drawing was a map that was given to me by my instructors and the contours and buildings they had already put in stay colored when I plot it but the layer that I added with additional details is going black when I preview it as a PDF. I checked the other layers and the color is all byLayer, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

when you plot a layout what visual style does your viewport (or do the viewports) have? If they are set to another style than "2D Wireframe" they are rendered and so plotted like true-color; and true-color can't be converted by CTB or STB.

I'm not sure where to find that in the Mac-version (fyi: the forum "AutoCAD on Mac" is >>>there<<<), but if you select the viewport and look to the properties window, you can overwrite the style used when plotting like here (use the "Legacy ...." then):

2014-03-02 20-51-47.png

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost