Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't MOVE or set LIMITS Using Keyboard Entry when OSMODE <not equal> to 0

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dreno99
540 Views, 3 Replies

Can't MOVE or set LIMITS Using Keyboard Entry when OSMODE <not equal> to 0

Capable Dell, AutoCAD 2013, Windows7, AMD Radeon HD 7570, up to date.

This (loss of functionality when OSMODE does NOT equal Zero) is ocurring in only certain drawings that were created long ago using ancient versions - circa 2007 onward. On others from the same set of files the commands work fine.

I am opening each drawing and running a series of commands: Purge, Audit, Import Pagesetup, Set Limits, Move border to exactly where it has to be, Apply CAD Standards, Plot Preview, Save, Exit.

In the file I am in now I just noticed that MTEXT and TEXT commands don't allow me to pick a starting point.

I had issues with icons in Layer Manager dissappearing (commands still there, just hidden), so just today updated the video driver.

This is a corporate install from 7 states away, so I would *rather* not get IT involved by re-installing the software. 

I have attached the current file that MOVE, LIMITS and the Text commands are misbehaving.

I know I could create buttons to set OSMODE to whatever I need it, but this is not desirable.

ACK! I just noticed the LINE command only accepts a right button click (enter). I will close and restart Acad but there is something hosed.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: dreno99

Type in LIMITS then OFF and everthing seem to work fine for me.

Message 3 of 4
pendean

Errant LIMCHECK variable setting perhaps: Setting it to 0, same as LIMITS>OFF, works fine in your file.

Note: LIMCHECK is a per-drawing setting.
Message 4 of 4
GrantsPirate

A wild guess, set OSNAPOVERRIDE to 0. An undocumented sysvar that jumps up and grabs people from time to time.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost