Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I run AutoCAD 2002 if I installed AutoCAD 2013 first?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dmramses
539 Views, 4 Replies

Can I run AutoCAD 2002 if I installed AutoCAD 2013 first?

Im using a 64 bit PC with Windows 7 and I installed AutoCAD 2013 first. The problem is that I also installed AutoCAD 2002 on my PC and it opened fine a few times but when I tried to add a printer it gave me this error: FATAL ERROR e06d7363h exception at 756fc41fh and now 2002 will not open at all. Can anyone help me with this?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: dmramses

Hello

It's a miracle if your very very old ACAD 2002 (Developped in 2000-2001 par the Autodesk Team)

could be installed on Win 7 and run a few times !

If you have to run a very old ACAD, the ONLY safe solution is to run a good old Win 2000 + SP4 on a VMware

Win 2000 + SP4 is a "superb" Windows and a lot of OLD programs are running fine on this platform ...

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but when I tried to add a printer

I agree to that "mircale" thoughts from Pat, because the next miracle would be if the old AutoCAD (not knowing anything from 64bit, it just leaved the 16bit to be known to 32bit) should be connect to 64bit printer driver. 😉

Oh man, why are you doing that as you have 2013? Well, there are also people out there driving oldtimers, so why not 😉

You might have a chance to start AutoCAD 2002 with the command parameter /p and a profilename that does not exist yet, so it creates a new AutoCAD profile and hopefully that will work for you.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 5
GrantsPirate

If you get it to start again with the new profile as mentioned in another post go to the

c:\program files (x86)\Autocad 2002

folders and look for Plotters.  If you don't find it expand the other folders in there, I found Plotters had been placed under Help.  I dragged that to the AutoCAD 2002 folder, made sure that was the path shown in Options for plotters, everything works as expected.

I am running Win7 64pro and had no problems installing 2002, just for kicks is all.  It is amazing to see how crude the program looks from just ~10 years ago.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 5 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: GrantsPirate

Hello

It could be possible to see ACAD 2002/2004 running "fine" on Win Seven Pro 64

because it's a very old Windows program using standard Win32 APIs (Level Win 2000)

and ACAD 2002/2004 don't use ANY Dotnet APIs !!!

Thus ACAD LT 2004 32 bits (ONLY) is running fine on Win Seven Pro 32/64 and on Win Eight !!!

My ACAD LT 2004 is running very fast on my modern PCs ...

Good Luck, Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost