Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUI Crashes AutoCAD on OK or Apply

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
KimBruns
610 Views, 5 Replies

CUI Crashes AutoCAD on OK or Apply

I can view the CUI and then cancel out, I don't have a problem.  But if I do the simplest edit to a Custom cui and hit Apply or OK it crashes AutoCAD 2014. 

The Acad cui is under Enterprise and is read-only. My OS is Win 7 with SP1. I did a repair on Net Framework 4.5.  My computer and video card are certified by Autodesk.

Anybody have any other suggestions on what may be causing the crashes.

Thanks,

Kim

Product Design Suite 2016
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Xeon E31270 @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: KimBruns

You cannot edit the Enterprise CUI that is locked to you.
Did you load an additional CUI file located on your PC and open to eiting? That's the one you msut select if it's available.
Message 3 of 6
KimBruns

Thanks for responding, as I said I was editing a Custom cui. The cui was clean and new and I was adding just a few simple commands to it.

Thanks, Kim

16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
Message 4 of 6
pendean

It will only crash here it the CUI file is corrupt.
Message 5 of 6
jsteele77

Kim-

Did you ever get a solution to your problem?We also are having the same issues with 2014. I am still using 2013 and have no CUI problems, some people in our group have upgraded to 2014 as they start new projects and when we tried to do anything as far as loading our partial user cutomized files it crashes. If you have found a resolution please let me know/

Thanks,

Jason

Message 6 of 6
KimBruns
in reply to: jsteele77

Hi Jason,

I haven't found a solution yet but Autodesk is looking into it.  I sent them a nasty-gram in regards to crashes and they responded.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Up to now I had not heard from anyone in regards to my CER's.

Unfortunately, I can crash AutoCAD just by making the simplest edit and hitting Apply or OK.

I've looked into the .NET Framework issue but I don't really want to mess with that because it can just make things worse.  Then I might as well format the drive and start over.

Could be some third party program on my machine, I don't know. 

I let you know if they find an answer.

Kim

16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost