Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONVERTING TEXT TO DIMENSION

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MaryBell1
531 Views, 1 Reply

CONVERTING TEXT TO DIMENSION

Does anyone know how if there's a tool that can take text and convert it to a leader dimension.

I know you can use the annotation attachment command but that's only if you have a leader.

In my case, I get the drawings from the surveyors and they don't know how to use dimensions so they created a polyline that looks like a leader and then add text along side of it! Yah, I know!  I have to usually move their text to make room for the engineering annotations but it takes me three or more steps vs. just dragging the annotation.

....... oh and while I'm 'venting' the arrowheads never touch the object, I guess they think just pointing in the general direction is good enough so I end up having to reposition their 'polyline arrow' as well. Very frustrating especially when you have to account for every minute spent on a project and I waste lots of time either fixing it or trying to work with it.

Thanks for any suggestions on converting text to dim text.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
steve216586
in reply to: MaryBell1

Off the top of my head, I'd say the best solution would be to copy the text, then paste into the command line after your start the Mleader command.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost