Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGESPACE command and MTEXT

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
sthompson1021
668 Views, 7 Replies

CHANGESPACE command and MTEXT

Hi all, I used the CHANGESPACE command today to bring a piece of mtext from model space to paper space. I had a background mask on the mtext and when it came into paper space, the height of the text box displayed right but the width stayed the same as it was in model space. I played around with column settings and also the WYSIWYG in editor settings. Nothing seemed to make difference. What am I missing? Using autocad 2014

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: sthompson1021

CHSPACE command?
Can you recreate the problem in any other file? in a new empty file, then post it here for others to try?
Message 3 of 8
sthompson1021
in reply to: pendean

Yes sorry, CHSPACE command. Here's a WBLOCK portion of the dwg I'm working on. The layout shows what happened when I moved the MTEXT to paper space. I left another one for you to try.

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

sorry to say, it's just to commit that I can reproduce that with AutoCAD 2014, with a new drawing.

All is recalculated correct (position, height, ...) but not the property "Design width".

I didn't find a solution or workaround to get that automatically done yet.

==> forward that to AutoCAD please.

Sorry, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8
pendean

All your MTEXT have "dynamic columns" turned on (you don't use columns in any of the text samples in the file).
Turning off columns through properties stopped the problem.

PROPERTIES will let you fix all your existing mtext objects all at once: to fix it permanently, start MTEXT, turn off columns, type a few words then exit MTEXT gracefully. It stays off until you turn it back on again (and recreate the problem).

Message 6 of 8

Ok, I found that out yesterday, but I messed around a little more and discovered that if you have 2 static columns in model space and move them to paper space, the second column dissapears. Try the attached dwg.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

No columns or no chspace I'm afraid are you only choices, sorry if I did not make that clear in my first reply.
Message 8 of 8
sthompson1021
in reply to: pendean

I see that now, not something I use very often so not a big deal. I just wanted someone eles to verify that I wasn't seeing thingsSmiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost