Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block with stretch and rotation - nder one pick point...

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
cessares
347 Views, 8 Replies

Block with stretch and rotation - nder one pick point...

Hi.

I know there is Multiline command in AC but it doesn't exist in LT and I need something simmilar.

It's two lanes - ideally insertion point and rotation/stretch point as an end point - have a look into a dwg attached what I mean...

Any ideas what to do with block to get this effect?

Regards

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: cessares

Hi,

>> have a look into a dwg attached what I mean...

Well, I'm not sure what you are looking for exactly as you have already a block in your drawing that looks lile a duct.

Is it that you want to have just one point for length and rotate, or to have more lines that follow that one point or ...? Anyway, I have attached one additional block that might help (as you also mentioned "lane" this might be a sample to see how to lengthen and rotate with just one point and how to make more lanes/lines dynamically.

If that is not what you are looking for then please let us know what you are missing on your block.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
cessares
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi. Thank you for that - that's what I wanted - just few changes with base point and stretch/rotate being in the middle/end.

How did you do it - which parameters and action did you use?

One more thing - I have tried to put MText on to of the line to rotate with duct but I couldn;t make it to follow middle of the stretched line - basically I would need text on top and when I change lenght of duct text will follow mid point of the duct/top line....

Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> How did you do it - which parameters and action did you use?

Open the drawing, use blockeditor to see the objects I used for that blockdefinition (select each of the actions and parameters and the property window will show you the complete info about that object(s)). That should be the answer for your first question, I guess 😉

>> put MText on to of the line to rotate with duct

Difficult to use an MTEXT as the MTEXT does not have a mid-point. But you need a mid-point to anchor the text onto the mid-point of your line.

So use normal TEXT, alignment bottom-center and use GEOMCONSTRAINT (constraints from the parametric ribbon) to fix the text-insertion point to the line's mid-point.

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9
cessares

Cheers.

Message 6 of 9
cessares

Still don't know how did you do it - I did similar block and it didn't work. I'll need to find toutorial step by step how to do it...can;t leave it unsolved 😉

Message 7 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

look to the attached video for some ideas about how I did it 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 9
cessares

Hi.

All works fine with this block but I need to upgrade it now 🙂

Which pareameter and action do I have to use to do:

I can insert my block now with base point on one end of the line and I want my block to stretch and rotate up to to the end of this line - now it works like that - I insert block then I have to click on rotation/stretch poitn and drag it to the end of the line.

Is it possible to make it so it woks like that - insert with base point and automatiacly second click is where I want it to finish? Like Insert and End points...? Is it possible to do in parameter/action or do I have to do this by command Insert - Block and choos option end point?

Regards...

Message 9 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> insert with base point and automatiacly second click is where I want it to finish?

Needs some development. I would not know how to do that with OTB functions.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost