Block insertion point does not match width and height of an image

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
chikito1990
310 Views, 1 Reply

Block insertion point does not match width and height of an image

Hi all,

(all of the numbers are not real sizes)

I have an image in autocad which width: 8000mm and height:8000mm when I insert a block in the middle of the image instead the X and Y of the block to be (4000,4000) they are something like (560,560). Even when I move the block the X and Y are still the same. I have no idea why?!

I made some research and I saw that some of the people there are saying that sometimes the blocks have different coordinate system than the picture itself.

Can you tell me how I can figure out this so I can get X and Y for the block to be (4000,4000)?

Best regards, Dimitar Georgiev

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

>> I have an image in autocad which width: 8000mm and height:8000mm when I insert a block in the middle of the image

>> instead the X and Y of the block to be (4000,4000) they are something like (560,560)

The size of the image does not tell us anything aboout it's position in the drawing, so the middle of the image can be anywhere (e.g. 560,560)

And when you inserted the block, how did you show the "middle of the image", what commands or objectsnaps did you use for that?

Last but not least: if you insert the block 3 times, does every block-insertion have the same insertion point (look in the property window when selecting the block-insertion) or are the points different?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost