Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Editor

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
chan_choy_yee
437 Views, 7 Replies

Block Editor

I would like to know whether can i stop the function of going to layout model mode, after making amendment to the blocks,

I prefer it to stay at model mode after making amendment.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: chan_choy_yee

Hi There,

Welcome to Autodesk Community,

Do you mean that you want to stay in Model Space after you have created a block? There is a tick box in your create box dialog box "Open in block editor" that you need to deselect. Please see attachment

If this is not what you are looking for, could you please clarify what you are talking about?

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I had tried your method and it didn't work. What i mean is after i edit block definition,

there after go into block editior, after i had amended save the block editor, i can't

stay at model mode to continue my drawings, the program will straight away go

to layout mode instead. Refer to attachment...

Message 4 of 8
pendean

Where is block "1" located exactly? Model or paperspace?
Message 5 of 8

The Block '1' is at model space. I am currently using Autocad 2013.

Message 6 of 8
pendean

You're using ASD 2013: here in plain 2013, where you are posting, Not sure it matters but I just cannot replicate your issue in any of my drawings in plain AutoCAD 2013, whether I start in model or paperspace, BEDIT puts me back where I was when finished.

Is your problem in ALL files, or just this one? Even if you start a new file, INSERT one block, activate the two blank layouts then BEDIT the one block?
Message 7 of 8
doni49

I just tried it in both Acad C3D 2012 and Acad 2014 (I don't have 2013).  I was unable to reproduce the issue.  And in fact if I am in a layout before starting the block editor, then when I close the block editor, I see the model space flash just before it displays the layout.  But if I was in model space before starting the block editor, it goes back to model space upon exiting the block editor.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 8
dmfrazier

In your first screenshot, the command line reads "Regenerating model", but there is no indication of the BEDIT command, which leads me to believe that something in the way you are executing BEDIT is "switching" to the Model tab (even if you're already there).  It may be that this "method" (whatever it is) is switching you to a Layout tab.  In the third screenshot you can see "Regenerating layout" followed by "Regenerating model", so something "special" or "custom" seems to be running.

How are you executing BEDIT?  Are you typing in "BEDIT", picking it from an interface element (toolbar, menu, ribbon, etc.), or other?

To be sure you are running the "native" command, type ._BEDIT  (starts with dot and the underscore character) and let us know if the behavior is still the same.

If so, please post a screenshot or copy/paste what you see on command line (use F2 key) during and after the "native" command. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost