Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Creation AutoCAD 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jms2020
302 Views, 3 Replies

Block Creation AutoCAD 2013

I have a block that i only want to be able to scale the text. The rest of the block needs to always fit 1:1. I think i need to constrain the things that i dont want to be scaled but im not sure what constraints to use.

I need this block to always fit into a 2'x2' ceiling tile, however i want to be able to scale the text.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jms2020

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

If you want to include an attribute within an action of a dynamic block you need to make it locked in position (select the attribute and look to the property window).

And then it's just defining a distance parameter + a scale action, see my drawing as a sample (not correct in terms of units or layers, just to see how I defined it).

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
jms2020
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,

Thanks for your input, however, all of my blocks are created around the text
being 3/32". At the insert prompt for scale I would like to just type in 24,
48, 96, 128 to scale only the text.

Is there a way I can constrain the geometry of the square to always be
2'x2'.

I know it may be a little more work but I really need the text to be
precise.

Thanks,

Jms2020
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: jms2020

Hi,

>>

>> Is there a way I can constrain the geometry of the square to always be 2'x2'.

Why don't you then create the square in 2'x2' size (and insert the block with scaling factor 1)?

>> At the insert prompt for scale I would like to just type in 24

I don't know a way at the moment that let you edit a parameter of the dynamic block while inserting the block.

And it does not matter wether you want to scale the geometry or the text, in both cases it's a parameter-input needed to control the size and therefor (without development or editing after inserting in the property window or per mouse control of the parameter) I have no idea how that should work.

But wait a little bit, here a lot of great people, maybe one of those has "the perfect solution" for you. 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost