Did you mean: 

Best PDF to DWG converter

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
tahdesign1
570528 Views, 69 Replies

Best PDF to DWG converter

I have been ask to supply a PDF to DWG converter on our CAD network.
I wanted to ask around for what others are using for this and which might be the best one out there.

So what are you using if you are doing this? There seems to be many to pick from.

69 REPLIES 69
Message 21 of 70
MichaelGilham
in reply to: TerryDotson

Message 22 of 70
MichaelGilham

Hi,

I dont see a trial version on your web site.

Do you have a trial version?

Thanks,

Michael

Message 23 of 70
peterwalll
in reply to: tahdesign1

Hi, gvice.

Thanks for your nice sharing. But I wonder whether the PDF conversion processing tool you mentioned above supports the VB.NET platform as well? If it does, I will try it later.

Best regards,

Pan

Message 24 of 70
peterwalll
in reply to: arronlee

@arronlee wrote:

Hi, Sauody.

Have you ever tried the PDF converter mentioned above? Which one works better in VB.NET platform? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Arron

Hi, Arron

I think it works for VB.NET platform as well. You can check its free trial package first. Good luck.

Message 25 of 70
autocad

Here's how to do a good pdf to dxf conversion for free...

If your pdf contains vector info then use GSview with the PStoEdit plugin: open the pdf and export as dxf.

If your pdf contains a bitmap image: open the pdf in Abobe Reader, select the image and copy to clipboard, paste it into Wintopo freeware, click the vectorize button and save to dxf.

Message 26 of 70
karl
in reply to: autocad

Hey Autocad,

Can you expand on that process a bit. I don't understand the "PStoEdit" plugin.

I went into File/advanced conversions, but in the "devices" column I don't see "PSotEdit"

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding what how to do this? or is the plugin something else I need.

I have downloded version6 of GSView. Are you using a different version? I see that version 6 is created by a different developer and is only a Beta release.

Message 27 of 70
karl
in reply to: autocad

Sorry autocad,

Looks like I answered my own question.

I downloaded version 5.0 and now I see the options you were talking about. Also found & downloaded the plugin.

Cheers for the info.

Will need to play some now, as the result wans't quite what I'd hoped for.

Message 28 of 70
pajerchin

... perhaps this my PDF to DWG review can help you

http://www.cadutils.com/reviews/...pdf-to-dwg-review

Tags (1)
Message 29 of 70
roger2016mail

We use software smardwg dwg to pdf converter (http://www.smartdwg.com) , more convenient and high output quality pdfou

Message 30 of 70

Hi,

just to add that info (as this thread was reopend):

AutoCAD 2017 can directly import PDF's and convert them to AutoCAD object types. No need anymore to buy converters.

Command: _PDFIMPORT (>>>details<<<)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 31 of 70
mhrafimh
in reply to: sauody

Hi All,

Is there is any software which is able to convert PDF with 100% Scale without any kind of misleading lines and and object????

I tried some software, i am able to convert the pdf but the output is NTS also with many misleading lines and misshaped object.

I am ready to buy licenced version but should get 100% Accuracy with scale, Text and shapes.

Please advice. Your immediate Response will be higly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Rafi.

Message 32 of 70
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mhrafimh

Hi,

why not using AutoCAD 2017?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 33 of 70
rkmcswain

mhrafimh wrote:

Hi All,

Is there is any software which is able to convert PDF with 100% Scale without any kind of misleading lines and and object????

I tried some software, i am able to convert the pdf but the output is NTS also with many misleading lines and misshaped object.

I am ready to buy licenced version but should get 100% Accuracy with scale, Text and shapes.

No.

If there was, Autodesk would not have tried to create their own version in 2017.

Nothing will be "perfect" because there is no such thing, it's impossible except with the most basic of geometry drawings.

A PDF is a PRINT OUTPUT. First of all a given PDF is only as good as the driver that created it.

Almost certainly, a line in AutoCAD that is 17.8546320211 units long is going to be 17.8 long in a PDF (if it's even that close).

It will never be imported back to CAD as a 17.8546320211 unit long line.

PDF format can contain objects and entities that AutoCAD does not support and vice-versa. It's not a 1:1 conversion.

Try some and get the one that fits your needs best.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 34 of 70
mhrafimh
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Mr. Alfred,

Thanks for your advice. but still, even Autodesk convertion is not perfect even if you do the reference scale to fix the drawing. Or is there is any way to stick with 99% Same scale as PDF?

Regards,

Rafi.

Message 35 of 70
mhrafimh
in reply to: rkmcswain

HI Mr. rkm,

Yes, you are right. I try to convert the pdf to cad by using 2017 still the scaling issue is a major problem. Is there is any way to fix the scaling by using reference scale??? i tried but some of them are fixed and some of them are not, why it is? So basically what i understand is even autocad 2017 is scaling the pdf file object by object not by sheetwise!!!.

Thanks & Regards,

Rafi.

Message 36 of 70
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I try to convert the pdf to cad by using 2017 still the scaling issue is a major problem

Can you please show an example (PDF and the DWG you imported the PDF into + markers with critical positions) and describe exactly what you see as problem(s).

>> Is there is any way to fix the scaling by using reference scale???

Yes, use command _SCALE with option _REFERENCE 😉

But you should know that a PDF does not hold geometry objects, the geometry size is converted to units of the printer, dashed linetypes in CAD are then single small lines in PDF, objects like block, block-attributes, dimension, hatch, are nothing more in the pdf than lines, arcs, circles, text. So exporting to PDF and importing this PDF back will never result in the same file as PDF can't save CAD geometry and can't save CAD-coordinates.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 37 of 70

dcfvghbjk

Message 38 of 70

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> dcfvghbjk

This is not a question, please let us know what you mean or what you are asking for.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 39 of 70
memphisjed

adobe illustrator cs1 or better works great, unless you have simplex font in drawing.  Your dxf/dwg will be perfect uniform scale to paperspace of original pdf.  Coreldraw also works well.  With Adobe I have yet to find a flaw.

Message 40 of 70
AlYellowbird

I went to the dotsoft site and a bit confusing but when i did find the pdf to dwg there was no trial to download that was usable. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost