Did you mean: 

Benefits of using Paper Space

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DevinCurrie
3500 Views, 6 Replies

Benefits of using Paper Space

Hello, attached is a list of pros and cons.

Thoughts?

Devin

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: DevinCurrie

Paperspace views are easy to learn compared to scaling views and/or borders in modelspace.

In my opinion your have the "learning curves" backwards in your chart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
pendean

Paperspace isn't the answer for everyone in every industry doing every task: didn't see that one 🙂

No one has to care about Inventor interoperability to use it: another good one.
Message 4 of 7
dmfrazier

Another Pro/Con you might consider:

Managing block definitions is much easier and less error-prone in a single DWG with multiple layout tabs.  Using multiple model space drawings instead of paperspace, we often get into trouble with keeping definitions in sync across all the DWGs that use them.

(This could also apply to other "definitions" such as Layers and all of the various "styles".)  

Message 5 of 7
nestly2

DevinCurrie wrote:

Thoughts?

Many of the MS "Cons" have been mitigated with the introduction of Annotative Objects, IMO

Message 6 of 7
GrantsPirate

For PS pro's, I would add working in 3D.  Ability to show the model in various views as well as the newer viewbase and related commands.

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 7 of 7
BeKirra

Other "pro" for using layout is that in layout the views in vports can be rotated in any angle.

I have seen one guy, who is a "MS" lover, turns his head 90 degrees down to look at the view(s) he drawn in 90 degrees direction in MS.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost