Did you mean: 

Bad audit layers being created with boundary tool & xrefs

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
danielgillham
317 Views, 5 Replies

Bad audit layers being created with boundary tool & xrefs

Hi all,

I am currently having a problem with the boundary tool and xrefs, when using the boundary tool cad often freezes for 5 mins + and affectively duplicates all xrefs into the main drawing on a bad audit layer, im having this problem with more and more drawings and have been unable to find a fix.

if you bind the xrefs in and re attach them after doing the work the problem goes away but this adds more time to the job which i dont really have.

just noticed this happens with the hatch pick points tool too

anyone got any ideas?

thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: danielgillham

AutoCAD version?
have you tried fixing your Xrefs then your top file (in that order) with RECOVER command yet?
Message 3 of 6
danielgillham
in reply to: pendean

We are all running 2014, I have tried it on 2015 and still have the same problem.

Tried to fix the drawings in the order you said but still no joy!

Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 6
pendean

I can;t replcate with my files/xrefs and BOUNDARY command in 2014 or 2015: are there any other conditions that exist that you may have observed?
Message 5 of 6
danielgillham
in reply to: pendean

No everything is as it should be, I'm starting to think that it may be a problem with one of the template files some how copying an error across that the audit doesn't pick up?

Once the bad audit layers come up you can't copy and paste (windows copy & paste) more than 3 times, after this you have to close and reopen cad to get another 3 saves.

Wish I could send you the dwg's but unfortunately they are confidential.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone
Message 6 of 6
pendean

There is no 3-limit for any function in AutoCAD or Windows: you've got something else (or very major) happening on your PC. Are you using a new Windows log-in? Does the problem go away if a new Windows log-in was used?

If you think of any ways we can force the problem to appear let us know: otherwise sit tight and wait to see if anyone else has a tip.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost