Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Error ... All File contents are lost !!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
eng_m_amasha
655 Views, 8 Replies

Automation Error ... All File contents are lost !!

Dear all

I am using autocad 2013 and I face a serious problem

when I was working in file sudden it hang and say automation error  file is busy

after close file and reopen again I found nothing in file

and size of file become small 

and backup file have nothing also

can anybody help me

and give his advice to me

Thanks
Discussion_Admin

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: eng_m_amasha

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-DWG-Format/Automation-Error-All-File-contents-are-lo...

This thread about a week ago, sounds like your situation.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 9
eng_m_amasha
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Please tell me what is the solution 

I go to link and I found no solution

thanks for your help

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

at the moment it looks like nobody has found a solution yet, but it might be very helpful to know what you have installed like servicepack, apps, tools, operating system, antivirus-software, .... so you and the other one having that problem might see what is equal to you both ==> having that found might be then answer the question for the solution.

Without any new information I guess it's not possible to identify what makes 3 workstations in the world having that special issue. Just asking "what is the solution" does not bring you any step closer to the origin of the problem. 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 9

Well, if they all were running 2013... suggested solution is to get 2014. (and quick... because this is about the scariest bug I've ever heard of)

Message 6 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: acwtzwegers

@acwtzwegers wrote:

Well, if they all were running 2013... suggested solution is to get 2014. (and quick... because this is about the scariest bug I've ever heard of)

I doubt the problem is with AutoCAD 2013. 99.99% of 2013 users are not having this problem. It's almost certainly related to a buggy 3rd party app/macro.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 9
pendean

The other post is reporting the problem is present only on a laptop when they are out of the office.
Is that your issue too?

Are you running a 3rd party add-on? Are you running an app from the Exchange Apps? "Automation Error" is usually (but not always) a code error in VBA or Visual C++.

Did this problem just start? 2013 is not new, so something on your end is new, what is it? new PC? New OS? New PC?

Did it start when you installed 2013? You provide so little information and continue to provide so little information it's hard to tell what's going on.

Message 8 of 9
wajidgates
in reply to: pendean

Dear All,

I found the solution to the problem.

our more than 50 Engineers were facing this problem and we had to do following to fix the issue:

1. Backup the user profile of the user
  2. Remove the profile and login again to create a new user profile.
  3. Install Autocad 2013 SP1.1
  4. Open CMD and navigate to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCad2013\.
  5. Run Autocad using nolisp switch by typing in the CMD acad.exe\nolisp
  6. Once AutoCad is loaded, run AUTOLOADPATH command and provide the path as "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCad2013\Support".
  7. Run AUTOLOAD command and set the value to 1
  8. Close the AutoCAD and run again using normal mode

Problem solved.

Thank You

Regards

Abdul Wajid

Message 9 of 9
al_boreny

Dear Sir

I have found very simple solution for the automation issue however it is required to have another PC without the same this error

1. go to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013
  2. copy the support folder from this directory from the good PC
  3. take it to the PC which is facing the automation error
  4. paste it on the same directory C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013
  5. it will ask to replace the file which already exist, select ok and replace the folder
  6. congratulation the error is no longer exist

i have tried that on my PC and it is working fine however make sure that the support folder which you copy it is from a PC with no old records for this issue

Regards

Faisal AG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost