Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic printing of many drawings with same settings.

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
mcbrude
3657 Views, 15 Replies

Automatic printing of many drawings with same settings.

I would like to print a directory of *.dwg files from their sheet view with some standard print options for each one. This process normally

takes a long time to select window and settings for each individual drawing and then plot. Is there a way to automate this process?

Thanks,

Mike.

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
cadwomen
in reply to: mcbrude

Hy

try

_PUBLISH and in options you will find a setting that it work in the background

cu  cw

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
Message 3 of 16
mcbrude
in reply to: cadwomen

That certainly seems to be the right track, but how can I select the correct pen for each one and how can I be sure they

will all publish with the previously used print window? I am not sure autocad remembers the last printed window for

each drawing. I would also like to print straight to my plotting device. Will this option support that?

Thanks,

Mike.

Message 4 of 16
TrevN

You need to set up and save a standard page setup with the requirements you need. This can be done in a template file.

You then need to select the drawings you want to plot using the publish command then within publish, import the standard page setup for each file.

Message 5 of 16
mcbrude
in reply to: TrevN

So, there is a way to send the documents through, but how can you save the window that will be plotted, so you don't have to

select a new one each time, for each document?

Mike.

Message 6 of 16
TrevN

Hopefully your drawings are all on the same titile block, so once you've set up and saved your template you do not have to worry about saving any windows for plotting.

You need to give it a go to see how it works. Help is also quite good for the publish command.

Message 7 of 16
pdv15
in reply to: TrevN

Hi, I offer an application for batch printing drawings.

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACAD_E/en/Detail/Index?id=8185864542756779092&appLang=en&os=Win64

The application automatically detects the formats of drawings in multiple documents and print on a pre-specified settings.

Message 8 of 16
RobDraw
in reply to: pdv15

AutoCAD already does this. What is so special about that app?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 9 of 16
pdv15
in reply to: RobDraw

This application automatically recognizes the number, formats (A4, A3, A2, etc.) and orientation of the format in AutoCAD documents, even if there are many different drawings in one document (or file). The user can only set the settings for the printer and plotter and send to print.

Can the standard AutoCAD command do this?

Message 10 of 16
RobDraw

@pdv15 wrote:

Can the standard AutoCAD command do this?

Absolutely, but the question at hand is how to apply settings to files that do not have the desired plot settings.

Can your app do that?

Rob

Message 11 of 16
pdv15

Perfectly. It depends on what you mean by "desired plot settings"?

Message 12 of 16
RobDraw

@pdv15 wrote:

Perfectly. It depends on what you mean by "desired plot settings"?

If it depends then it's not perfect is it?

Let's just say that the desired plot settings are not saved in the files that are being printed. Can the app do what AutoCAD can already do and import the plot settings from a file not in the plot list?

I'm just not understanding what that app can do than AutoCAD can't?

Rob

Message 13 of 16
pdv15

The application allows you to save settings for each format, for example: format "A4" - HP 1220 printer, etc. format "A3" - Canon 320 plotter, etc.

The size of the print area is determined automatically in open documents by the size of the frames (created from lines, polylines) formats. Also in one document can be several different formats (drawings).

The user can send to print formats according to the saved settings, and can set new ones.

Message 14 of 16
akijoon70

Hi everyone
I have a lot of maps in AutoCAD model space and it is very difficult to print them one by one.
Does anyone have a LISP file that I can quickly print maps together in AutoCAD? (Similar to this video (https://www.aparat.com/v/GRFpO/), but unfortunately the file attached to this video does not work properly)

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 16
maratovich
in reply to: akijoon70

@akijoon70  написал (-а):

I have a lot of maps in AutoCAD model space and it is very difficult to print them one by one.

No problem.
1. Use this - Revers 
2. Attach a sample of your title block.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Software development
Automatic creation layouts and viewport. Batch printing drawings from model.
www.kdmsoft.net
Message 16 of 16
RobDraw
in reply to: akijoon70

Why not user AutoCAD's built in publisher?

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost