Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Recap needs graphics card with driver that supports openGL 3.1 or newer

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
acooperator
9164 Views, 28 Replies

Autodesk Recap needs graphics card with driver that supports openGL 3.1 or newer

Hi,

I've installed the latest version of Autocad 2014, and when I lunched the program, I was asked to update the driver of my VGA as this message below.

التقاط.PNG

However, when I went to the home page of my Acer, then searched for all drivers/latest for Windows 7(64bit), I didn't find any drivers for graphics card at all.

1التقاط.PNG

Besides, when I installed the 2013 version of AutoCAD, I didn't face any errors updating graphics card.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The real leader is one who helps other people.
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
acooperator
in reply to: pendean

Thanks a lot,

Yes, I got that my Graphics card is not supported to open 2014 version of Autodesk, and appreciate your time, but I really have tried installing the Autodesk on a very latest HP laptop, with these specs,

Capture.JPG

I really don't want to open antoher thread for the errors with the screen shots mentioned in my post  posted 02-14-2014 05:54 PM, because I am expecting this  thread  is being discussed the same issue.

So could you kindly reply to me to close this issue?

Message 22 of 29
acooperator
in reply to: acooperator

Could anyone please at this splendid forum take some of his precious time out to reply to my post posted in 02-14-2014 05:54 PM, because I am expecting this  thread  is being discussed the same issue?

Message 23 of 29
pendean

Latest HP means nothing to no one: you need to get graphics card drivers from somewhere else other than AutoCAD's driver website, either HP or whoever makes your video card in AutoCAD 2014 could not find one on its own.

Autodesk's driver website: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

Message 24 of 29
acooperator

Thanks a lot for your reply.

NOTE: the erros below are for installing the pageg of Autodesk AutoCAD which comes along with Autodesk Recap.(Autodesc Recap was installed, however, the Atudesk AutoCAD wasn't installed.

I really had to post again my post, because it sound as though there is missunderstanding.

NOTE: these erroses below installing AutoCAD  are also shown me while installing AutoCAD on a very latest laptop with these specs:

Intel CORE i 5, 2.65GHz)

RAM 6GB

H.D.D: 600GB

Intel Graphics Card HD with very high RAM.

ATI Radeon Craphics card

If the errors were related to  that Windows 7  must be SP3, I would be saying that I have never ever heard that Windows 7 can be SP2 nor SP3.

I installed the AutoCAD 2014, but once I clicked on 'install' button, I faced the error below, I was given two options 'retry' and 'cancel'.  I click on 'cancel'.

AutoCAD 2014.JPG

Then, I have faced these three errors in order, in each time, I clicked on 'OK' until the fourth screenshot, in which I have chosen 'trial version'.

AutoCAD 2014-1.PNG

AutoCAD 2014-2.PNG

AutoCAD 2014-3.PNG

AutoCAD 2014-5.PNG

After clicking on 'next' on the error above,  I reach to  screen shot below in which is AutoDesk Recap is checked, however, AutoCAD cannot be accessible.

AutoCAD 2014-6.PNG

I have clicked on System Requirments, and I foud these:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2014/ENU/System%20Requirements/index.html

NOTE: My laptop's specs are:

Intel Celeron Processor 530(1.73Ghz)

RAM: 2.5GB

H.D.D with a free 60GB space of out of 80GB

Mobile intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100

System: Windows 7 ultimate(64Bit) SP1.

.NET Framework Version 4.0.

Then, why was Autodesk AutoCAD not installed with Autodesk Recap? Only Autodesk Recap was installed.

Message 25 of 29
justshutup

Have you contacted your reseller yet?  Or have you exhausted them too?

Message 26 of 29
acooperator

Thanks a lot,

I really concluded from your reply that you bothered yourself to reply to me. I am not trying to exhaust you or others. 

However, the that installing Autodesk which includes(AutoCAD and Repcap) didn't succeed in installing AutoCAD, however, it succeeded in installing Recap. I have tried installing Autodesk 2014 on two laptops(Dell, and HP), both of them have good specs, but only the Repcap was installed. However, AutoCAD wasn't installed, and those errors showing while installing AutoDesk show you that there was a partial insallation for Autodesk. which resulted in AutoCAD was not installed, however, Recap was isntalled.

Thus, I don't need to  exhaust you nor reseller. 

Message 27 of 29
vicval133
in reply to: braudpat

Hello, I have the latest iMac with Intel 2.9 GHZ  QuadCore i5, memory 8 GB 1600 Mhz DDR3, with Graphic NVIDIA Geforce GT 650M 512 Mb.

I install Windows 8 with parallels, everything works fantastic, even Inventor professional, AutoCad 2014 etc, I found ridiculous that Recap is asking me for a GL 3.1 graphic card, I have the latest update on this NVIDIA  graphic card, just about any Autodesk software opens without any lack of graphic performance on Windows 8, I search for such thing and tried to install it on the Windows 8.1, I even went to the NVIDIA website, I download the graphic card that belongs to my graphic card for Windows 8, it said that I have the latest graphic card update.

Recap will not open because it said that I have the 1.1 version, where should I get this software at???

Thank you

Vincent

Message 28 of 29

Parallels has the limitation of only providing Support up to OpenGL 2.1 http://kb.parallels.com/en/115487

Thomas Schwaiger
Product Manager
Autodesk

Message 29 of 29

@thomas.schwaiger wrote:

Parallels has the limitation of only providing Support up to OpenGL 2.1 http://kb.parallels.com/en/115487

Thanks a lot,

Could you be a little bit more detail about 'Parallels has .....'? What you meant? Did you answer my concern in question in my very first post, or you're talking about something else?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost