AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

andrei.soloviev
Message 1 of 5 (273 Views)

Autodesk Fabrication

273 Views, 4 Replies
10-23-2012 05:29 AM

Hi

I couldn't find a subject about the fabrication software so I post my question here. We are making a switch from Autoplant to Fabrication to draw our Piping models/drawings.

But there is something not logic going on, when I create layouts and place annotations (size of the pipe, tag number of the equipment...) I have to doubleclick in my viewport and they are placed in the model space, after that I have to hide those annotations in all the other viewports where they are visible. That's a lot of work.

Is there a way to place the annotations in the paperspace?

Kind regards

Andrei

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 2 of 5 (261 Views)

Re: Autodesk Fabrication

10-23-2012 07:27 AM in reply to: andrei.soloviev

Why doubleclick?  That does take you into the viewport.  Start text, pick a point in PS and type your text.  Same for a block or a dim.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
andrei.soloviev
Message 3 of 5 (240 Views)

10-23-2012 01:58 PM in reply to: GrantsPirate

Yes I know, but we use the Fabrication features to make piping annotations, for example size of pipes is a button, a function to make such annotations, in Autoplant I was able to use such functions in paperspace. Now I have to enter modelspace by doubleclicking the viewport. And that's the problem, I should be able to use these functions in paperspace so they don't appear in the model.

Contributor em
Contributor
em
Message 4 of 5 (211 Views)

10-24-2012 08:31 AM in reply to: andrei.soloviev

See this forum:

http://www.xtracad.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=3

You should post your question there.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 5 of 5 (208 Views)

10-24-2012 08:34 AM in reply to: andrei.soloviev

Fabrication wouldn't be my first choice to replace AutoPLANT.  AFAIK its not designed for the same type of process piping design like Plant3D, CADWorx, PDMS, SmartPlant, or the other packages.  As for needing to activate the viewport to pick the objects to label, that can probably be put down to it being a different software doing things differently.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Connect with AutoCAD

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube