Did you mean: 

Autodesk Education Suite

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
gmusembi
573 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Education Suite

I recently downloaded AutoCAD 2014 (for the nth time) trying to get the free software for students, college, similar to the one used in class, for my PC. After each download, a window containing these words pops up, "The drawing file being opened was not created by a product from an Autodesk Education Suite". Is there a link that I can download AutoCAD 2014 for school (college) that won't always have that pop up every time I try to use it? What does Autodesk Education Suite mean? Please, please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: gmusembi

There is nothing you can do about it: nothing to download or add or delete. It's how it works.

EDU software warns you if your file was not last saved in an EDU software.
Commercial Software warns if it opens an EDU saved file.

They are there to prevent accidental cross-over. No need to waste time finding a non-existent fix. Sorry.
Message 3 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: gmusembi

@gmusembi wrote:

... "The drawing file being opened was not created by a product from an Autodesk Education Suite"....

Why is this a problem for you?

All it means is the default template was created using a the commercial license rather than student license.

Simply a reminder that any work you create with this student license of for learning purposes only - not for commercial use.

Your instructor should have been able to explain this to you.

Make sure you install Service Pack 1. (search google on AutoCAD 2014 Service Pack 1 to find the download.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost