Did you mean: 

Autodesk DWG TrueView Displays Drawings incorrectly

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jmankin30
2571 Views, 7 Replies

Autodesk DWG TrueView Displays Drawings incorrectly

When trying to view files with DWG TrueView 2015, the File displays incorrectly and is sometimes illegible. There is a line that connects from the edges of letters and shapes that over extend and connect to random letters and objects. I have uninstalled and restarted then installed and restarted and still have this issue. This occurs on 1 desktop and one laptop. I attached a .jpg of what it looks like on screen. 1. Both of these computers have Windows 7 64 and are up to date with windows updates. 2. Both of these computers were the only ones that had vault 2014 & DWG TrueView 2014 on them previously. 2014 Programs were uninstalled and computers were restarted before installing vault 2015. Do I have something set wrong in my viewer or is there a hotfix I need to download to fix this issue?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
dgorsman
in reply to: jmankin30

Nothing is attached.  Looks like formatting is an issue as well, which could point to an issue discussed here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Community-Feedback/Rich-text-formatting-is-destroyed-on-commit/m-p/504...

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 8
jmankin30

Photo of Milford Sound in New Zealand
Message 4 of 8
pendean

That's a very small tiny screenshot: is there a reason you can't post a full sized one as an attachment?
Message 5 of 8
jmankin30
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, but for some reason this isn't letting me add any attachments.
Message 6 of 8
pendean

I haven't seen that since R14 back in the day: there is a similar report in the DTV forum too, seems to be a quirk in that freebie.
Message 7 of 8
jmankin30

This most often occurs with older files opened in 2015 versions, with the new Line Smoothing setting enabled: 1. In TrueView, in the lower right corner, right click the Graphics Performance icon (it looks like a clock, see attached image) 2. Click Graphics Performance 3. Uncheck Smooth Line Display 4. Click OK 5. If the lines are still present, go back to Graphics Performance 6. Turn off Hardware Acceleration This is the reply from Tech Support that fixed the issue.
Message 8 of 8
kkellicut

I found a fix that has worked for me on laptops as well as pc's. Just download the latest video drivers. This has fixed 45 pc's and 10 Dell laptops using both AMD / ATI video cards as well as Intel HD 2000/3000 chipsets.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost