AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

alaaturbo
Message 1 of 2 (2,918 Views)

Autocad dimension and lines scale

2918 Views, 1 Replies
10-07-2012 08:54 AM

Hello

when I draw a shape and add a dimension to it, the text and the numerical and the arrows of the dimension are small, so I have to increase the text height manually

how can I make it automatically scale itself?

also similiar thing with the lines, I tried putting a dashed center line on a shape, it looks solid but when I zoom it it does not.

how can I solve this?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (2,914 Views)

Re: Autocad dimension and lines scale

10-07-2012 09:03 AM in reply to: alaaturbo

Hi,

>> the text and the numerical and the arrows of the dimension are small, so I have to increase the text height

If also arrows are to small then it's not correct to just raise the text-height.

For dimensions there is the variable DIMSCALE (>>>details<<<) that is sometihing like a "global factor for all dimension-subebelement sizes". If you look into the dimension-style you also can modify each seperate size, and also important may be to read about annotative objects (>>>here<<<).

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.