Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Wont Start

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
897 Views, 14 Replies

Autocad Wont Start

Hi there, I cant seem to get Autocad to open. I couldnt find any answers to this problem exactly as the error code I have noticed others for Inventor have the same issue.

Installed fine, but when try to open it gives me the error code: 

0xc0000142

I have installed .net 4.5.1 and the latest Visual C++ package. I am running the latest version of Autocad and 64bit. I have also the latest drivers for my Quadro 320M graphics card. Thanks for any help.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Which OS?

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

Windows 7 pro x64
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

I would try to RESET SETTINGS TO DEFAULT.  If that doesn't work, I would do a repair install.  If that doesn't work, I would follow the clean uninstall procedure as set out by ADSK.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply but I haven't even used it yet so the setting would be at default already.

Where is this uninstalll guide?
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply but I haven't even used it yet so the setting would be at default already.

Not necessarily.  It's a potential fix that takes about ten seconds. Take it or leave it.  

Where is this uninstalll guide?

Google is your friend.

http://bit.ly/1rGBEcr

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Running the Settings back to default gives me a message "Autocad hasnt been run yet so there are no settings to reset". I have tried uninstalling it as well as a 2009 version that was on there, but still have the same problem. However one part of the uninstall I could not do as windows wouldnt let me was delete "ProgramData/Autodesk" as it said it was being used but nothing in windows task manager said anything of Autodesk was being run even.

I am lost to work out how to get it working 😞

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

Hi, could you solve the problem? I think I have the same problem. What should I do to fix it?Error 0xc0000142.JPG

Tags (1)
Message 9 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

have you searched in Google yet?

>>>that results<<< show very useful infos about e.g. how to find DLL's that are unsinged or digitally no longer valid .. or part of Adobe Acrobat (64bit extension)...

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Alfred but the reason why I had posted this was because typing in to find out how to fix this error has not yielded any results that would fix my problem. There is no direct answer to fix it. If you have a direct answer I would be most grateful for your help.

I am still yet to be able to fix the problem with my Autocad and it is currently unusable. 😞 I use it for illustrations so I have to use Adobe Illustrator instead and its painful to use.

Message 11 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> There is no direct answer to fix it

If you read that blog: >>>click<<< then you have an instruction of how to find DLL's that might be the sources of the problem.

And yes, that may be a lot of different DLL's or even other settings (depending on hardware, driver releases, installed software and service packs) and so there is no "direct answer".

We can now begin to type in here all that was already discussed (and partially solved) and you have to verify each item here or you tell us what you have already tried from all the posts already available. Second one is preferred and more efficient as you have already a lot of suggestions available (and so you don't have to wait until anyone reacts here).

>> I have to use Adobe Illustrator instead

That brings me to that post about 0xc0000142 error and Adobe: >>>click<<< have you tried that?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

OK thanks, AI is different than Acrobat but I do have Acrobat Pro on my PC as well, which is XI. AUtocad 2009 worked fine for years, but I also think it had an issue before installing 2015.

So you are suggesting to uninstall the x64 extension for acrobat and starting Autocad once and then reinstalling acrobat then?

Message 13 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

well, for me uninstalling the 64bit Extension helped. AutoCAD was starting then wihout issues.

I hope for you, that this works for you too, but it's not sure that there are not other DLL's too that forces that issue (which can be found with Atuoruns as described in the blog "Up and Ready")

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

I have it working now so thanks for your help.

I ran that appinit but the dlls werent really relevant that I know of to any conflict. But I renamed them anyway. But after that I uninstalled Acrobat 9 64bit plugin extension which I have no idea on there anyway since I have XI on there and uninstalled 9 a long time ago.

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

This was the solution. thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost